Search results

1. M

Fixed lens “Retro” camera coming from Canon?

Don’t care if its Retro or Not! But a small fixed lens, fast aperture apsc camera with built in ND’s, leaf or global shutter, lots of quick and beautiful “film” presets… would be very welcome. What I like about he Fuji is its my, always there camera and the photos often dont “need”...
  2. M

We may see some new Cinema EOS cameras for NAB 2024 in April

Any word/news on the C100/C200 and Box Style Small Cinema EOS RF body that was rumoured with patents for some time now? I have nothing against the c300/c500 but its a little out of my production needs.
  3. M

Is a Canon EOS R7 Mark II coming this year? [CR2]

Agreed and yes I use all my RF lenses on my R7, those you mentioned and the 24, 35, 50mm f/1.8’s and 85 f/2.. the 1.2’s are for the R6/R5’s I’m ”hoping” sigma takes over for RF-S and RF 1.4’s, wont be Fuji quality but at least it will actually happen, Canon will never have a full lineup of...
  4. M

Not without severe crippling, try it out! It’s either you can internally record but the camera body will shut off the screen and you can no longer tap focus or use any touch screen capabilities. Or Both screen stay on but you can only externally record. The R5 is the only one that is not...
  5. M

“Clear Winner” Only if Canon can match the APSC lens lineup. Fuji clearly has everyone beat in that respect. Fuji also has Canon beat on video specs… big time. I really wish Canon would give us a true APSC Flagship and stop it with the Canon Cripple Hammer! You can’t even use an external...
  6. M

The State of RF – 5 Years of Lenses

I expect Sigma to fill in the RF 1.4 lens gaps while Canon concentrates on it specially lenses.
  7. M

There will be “a lot” of new RF mount lenses from Canon between now and March 2024

I think you got a little confused with your equivalencies vs OP’s requests. The FF 24-70 f2.8 will reproduce a field of view of 38.4-112mm on APSC. The OP was asking for an equivalent 18-35mm f1.8 on APSC. There is currently no competition or equivalent to this lens produced by anyone but Sigma...
  8. M

Are new dream lenses coming for the RF mount? [CR1]

Wouldn’t mind seeing Canon compete with the Fuji lens lineup in the RF-S line and not expect us to use Full Frame on APS-C. 23mm 1.4 35mm 1.4 56mm 1.4 (or 1.2 like Fuji, but if 1.4 makes it much smaller, I’ll take 1.4) Love my R5 but those f/1.2 lenses are not really street friendly, which is...
  9. M

New feature firmware coming to the EOS R5, EOS R6 and EOS-1D X Mark III in the next couple of weeks [CR3]

Aspect Ratio Guides Please!!! I’m tired of having tape on my screen! LOL
  10. M

Industry News: Sony officially announces the alpha FX3 cinema camera

Its only 3898 USD — https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1624226-REG/sony_ilme_fx3_fx3_cinema_camera.html Cant wait to see the C50, it must be a direct competitor.
  11. M

Industry News: Sony FX3 leaks ahead of an official announcement

Canon C50 and I expect some sort of teaser release soon due to Sony releasing theirs.
  12. M

Canon officially unveils the PowerShot Pick

I think what their showing here is that you can webcam wirelessly and if needed follow a member of your family, I can definitely recall many times where my webcam cable was the issue when wanting to show something to the viewer.
  13. M

The next Canon EOS R5 firmware update is coming next month [CR2]

Aspect Ratio Guides!!!!!!!!! 2:35:1 1:85:1 I still can’t understand how this hasn’t been added ‍♂️
  14. M

An update on the Canon 2021 roadmap [CR2]

Hopefully Lenses will be the less affected, Camera’s I can see having a some big delays. Just give me that 35mm 1.2 RF already!
  15. M

The Canon Cinema EOS C200 Mark II will arrive in April [CR3]

.. and permanent rear viewfinder on the C200 vs the C200B
  16. M

Revisiting the Canon Cinema EOS C50 and what it could be

A constant f/2.8 with a photo lens zoom is an immediate buy for me. There might even be a chance they stabilize the 1” sensor! I loved the idea of the XC-15 but hated the lens and that awful viewfinder.
  17. M

Well, well, well… could this be Canon’s lens roadmap for 2021? [CR2]

I think their betting that those who would buy a 1.4 will pony up for the 1.2’s I know thats what I did! Can’t wait for that 32 1.2 I’m actually impressed how well balanced the weight of the 1.2’s are that I’m not yearning for the 1.4’s Tho was hoping for the 35-85 f1.4-f1.8 zoom which doesn’t...
  18. M

A bit of a refresher on what’s next from Canon

Hoping to get a sneak peek at the NAB 2020 NYC Oct 19-29th
  19. M

Canon USA officially announces the Canon Cinema EOS C70

Waiting on that news too. Would complement my c200 very well.
  20. M

More talk about the Canon Cinema EOS C50

No green cast on my c200 footage tho I mostly use Raw - Clog 3. I’m hoping the C50 makes a little brother to my C200 and wishing for the C50 to have just as good audio inputs.