Search results

1. K

1DX Mark II dead at 200k

Well it finally happened and far earlier than expected. The mirror failed on my 1DX Mark II with 202k shutter clicks (rated for 400k). The mirror is totally out of alignment and thus not sending the image to the AF sensors. I can still shoot in MF. Hopefully CPS can turn this around quick as...
  2. K

Lens price drop

How long after a lens is released does Canon do a price drop, either permanent or instant rebate? I’ve been really wanting to get the 85 1.4 and it’s been over a year since it’s release. I don’t NEED it as I have the focal length covered with the 70-200 f2.8 is ii, but wanting a smaller lens...
  3. K

Copyright question as an employee (not staff photographer)

So I've got a tricky copyright question. I've done some research on the internet but haven't really gotten a solid answer. I'm currently a w2 employee for my employer and was NOT hired as a photographer. It just so happened I have the equipment and the skill to take photos and videos. 100% of...
  4. K

Lens advice for Yosemite

I'm planning on doing a road trip to Yosemite at the end of July. I have a 1DXII and 7DII, 16-35 f4 IS, 70-200 f2.8 II. Probably going to pick up a 2x extender as well. While this isn't a photography trip, I kind of have the thought of renting a super tele of some sort to take along with me on...
  5. K

1DX Mark II vs 7D Mark II experience

I upgraded to a 1DX mark II from a 7D mark II and this is my experience from the upgrade. I previously had 2 7D Mark II's and now have upgraded my main camera to a 1DX mark II. I still have 1 7D Mark II as my second body. My primary lens on the 1DX2 is the 70-200 2.8 II and secondary lens (on...
  6. K

1DX Mark II buffer?

So I was really excited for the 170 image raw buffer. But my camera only shows 59 shots as the remaining shots with the included Cfast 64gb card. I also tried removing the CF card and still is the same. Speaking of CF card, I have a Sandisk Extreme Pro 64GB UDMA7 card and that only shows 59...