Search results

1. sportskjutaren

Canon EOS R Mark II in testing [CR2]

Yes, it is! I definitely prefer to talk with somebody that has the actual power to improve things. Over discussions with anonymous people over the internet. The only reason that I write here. Is that so far my attempts have failed.
  2. sportskjutaren

Thanks for Your reply. I do hope that somebody from Canon reads what You are writing here! My honest wish is that Canon will become much better at this. The better the competition is between the different brands. The better products we as photographers will get.
  3. sportskjutaren

True! When I thought about it. It was exactly 5 years ago since I talked with the Swedish CPS rep about how they work with this. And I can actually remember one email with a link to an online form with questions. That said: My main point is that my honest personal opinion is that Sony is much...
  4. sportskjutaren

I asked a CPS rep about how they work with this years ago. (Wrote about that earlier in this discussion). Because I submitted several suggestions myself. After they asked me, and many others about what they can improve. Actually more that one time. At this point, I really don't think I can...
  5. sportskjutaren

If you read my other post earlier in this discussion. I think You will get a better understanding of what I actually want to say. That is not that Canons doesn't listen at all. But that can learn a whole lot from how Sony actively ask and listen to photographers. To a much bigger degree than...
  6. sportskjutaren

Thanks for Your reply! It seems like You missed my point. My point is that Canon has something to learn from Sony about active & humble listening. And if the do that. It will benefit all of us! Have a good day :)
  7. sportskjutaren

Thanks for Your reply! Sony truly listened to the very specific group that the camera is designed for. Agency photographers with a need to transfer images straight from the camera as quickly as possible. Those photographers don't really need higher resolution. But they need the possibility to...
  8. sportskjutaren

I´m happy to read that they asked You for things that the can improve. That said. I´ve talked to several others that tried Sony gear or been to events arranged by Sony. And they come to the same conclusion as me. Sony is much, much better at listening, and are by far much more actively asking...
  9. sportskjutaren

Thanks! I do really hope that some Canon people are "lurking around" here. I would honestly love to see Canon (& Nikon) catch up on Sony in several areas. (As I wrote above, competition is a great thing). For Canon to actually do that. It´s my honest opinion, based on my personal experience...
  10. sportskjutaren

First of all, I do not think Canon is "bad" in any way. I truly dislike "fanboy-ism", and I love the competition between the brands. Since it gives people/photographers better products. I used Canon gear for 10 years. 10 years of experience shooting sports. Even at an international level...
  11. sportskjutaren

The follow-up to the Canon EOS-1D X Mark II may come in 2019 [CR2]

True! Still, i crop most of my work. In a way so it can be even more cropped ;)
  12. sportskjutaren

The follow-up to the Canon EOS-1D X Mark II may come in 2019 [CR2]

FYI, i write this with 10 years of experience shooting sports. That includes the EURO2016 and the recent FIFA WC in Russia. (Some sample images and tear sheet from the recent WC can be found here: https://agency.jkpg-sports.photo/index/G0000FrucfpGrwrQ ) I would like to say that the...
  13. sportskjutaren

Canon USA: Canon Professional Services

I´ve covered some of these really big sports events where both Canon and Nikon offers both service and loaners. This is offered inside the working areas for media. A place you won't get even close to without the proper accreditation (a.k.a. "credential"). I.E. It´s only available for people that...
  14. sportskjutaren

Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS III one of two “Big White Lenses” coming ahead of Photokina [CR3]

You got a valid point there. We will have to wait and see what the official announcement will say.
  15. sportskjutaren

Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS III one of two “Big White Lenses” coming ahead of Photokina [CR3]

Nikon upgraded their 200-400/4 to a 180-400/4, added a built-in TC, and made it lighter at the same time. That said, I would personally prefer a "heavier and bigger" lens with a built-in TC, than one without. And, as You understand. I do really see a possibility to have a built-in TC and reduce...
  16. sportskjutaren

It would make the lens more versatile. And Canon would be the only manufacturer to have a 400/2,8 with a built-in TC.
  17. sportskjutaren

The keyword here is "rumor". And I will for sure not take anything for granted until we receive official information on this topic. Canon introduced the built-in TC in their 200-400 that was released in 2013. (After they changed the construction. They shoved a prototype in 2011). The 400/2,8L...
  18. sportskjutaren

Nikon recently released an "upgraded" 200-400/4 which is a 180-400/4, built in a TC and made it lighter at the same time. If canon will release a new 400/2,8 without a built-in TC. I will be seriously disappointed. I would, seriously, prefer a lens a bit bigger, and a little bit heavier, with a...
  19. sportskjutaren

This kind of lenses takes a really long time to develop. I can't see that Canon cares about weight only that much. Just because of what some other brand is doing.
  20. sportskjutaren

More Mentions of a Canon Mirrorless Announcement Ahead of Photokina [CR1]

I´m for sure interested in that. Plan to get a new 400/2,8 in a pretty close time range. Please, please, please give us a 400/2,8 with a built in TC. And I will for sure buy it as soon as I can.