Search results

1. K

Which used full frame body you will buy today if money no object?

6D2. Any extra money, I’d spend on travel so I could get the most out of it.
  2. K

A

Sorry, I posted by accident and haven’t figured out how to delete it. The new forum has me stumped. I’m not a big fan of change. For that matter, I hope Canon doesn’t launch any new cameras or lenses.
  3. K

A

A
  4. K

EOS 6D Mark II & EOS Rebel SL2 to be Announced at the Same Time [CR2]

Re: EOS 6D Mark II & EOS Rebel SL2 to be Announced at the Same Time [CR2] Sorry for the off-topic query, but what does " nokiS___a-camera" mean and why do people write it that way? Thanks.
  5. K

Canon EF-S 35mm f/2.8 Macro IS STM Images & Specs Leak Out

Re: Canon EF-S 35mm f/2.8 Macro IS STM Images & Specs Leak Out Do you want a labeled 35mm on crop or a true 35mm perspective/equivalent? The lens in this thread will have a 56mm equivalent focal length, you'll need a 24 Prime to get close to 35 equiv. on a non M series (They have an actual...
  6. K

Re: Canon EF-S 35mm f/2.8 Macro IS STM Images & Specs Leak Out Thank you all for your help.
  7. K

Re: Canon EF-S 35mm f/2.8 Macro IS STM Images & Specs Leak Out Friends, I'm a relative novice and could use some advice. I have a T3i. I have no interest in macro photography but would like a 35mm prime. Does the macro capability in any way diminish the performance of the lens as a plain old...
  8. K

What's Your Favourite Product So Far in 2017 From Canon?

The poll seems to be missing.
  9. K

Further Confirmation of EOS 77D, EOS Rebel T7i & New Kit Lens for CP+

I'm an "average Rebel user" with a t3i. I'm actually pretty well informed about video quality, but not at all interested in 4K. Not at all interested in spec sheets. Not upgrading from an iPhone. Only interested in taking good quality stills. Just thought you experts would like to have...
  10. K

TDP now reviewing the A7R II

I may be missing something, but where is the review? There is a lengthy treatise on RAW conversion programs, but nothing about the camera. Is there a secret link?
  11. K

Ended: The 2017 5DayDeal Business & Marketing Bundle Sale is on Now!

Re: The 2017 5DayDeal Business & Marketing Bundle Sale is on Now! I echo the recommendation to buy Scott Kelby's book. I took a 4 session LR class from a local instructor and didn't make much progress until I bought Kelby. Very well written, logical progression, good examples.
  12. K

The Next Lens from Canon Will be an EF-S Prime

32mm, f1.X, IS. I'm about to by an EF-35 f2 IS; this one would be even more ideal
  13. K

Seasons greetings.

Many thanks for your kind thoughts and best wishes for all members of this community. You are all helping me be a better photographer. Cheers, Ken
  14. K

what's up with the 70-300 range?

Love the 70-300 IS USM. I get great images when I use it. The lens quality exceeds my skill as a photographer. I'd probably love the other lenses AvTvM recommends, too, but they come at an $800-$7000 premium, so I'm glad to have the current option.
  15. K

Capture High-Quality Action Shots and Video From Afar with the New Canon EF 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 IS II

Re: Capture High-Quality Action Shots and Video From Afar with the New Canon EF 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 I Available on Amazon today
  16. K

Canon EOS 6D Mark II Not Coming Until Spring? [CR2]

Will there come a time when we buy cameras like we buy PC's? I can imagine going to the manufacturer's website, selecting a body, a sensor, memory, speed, AF capability, etc. from drop-down menus. Price is set accordingly. This level of choice and customization is available in many...
  17. K

T3i Shooting Mode Problems - Need Help

I removed the battery several times, shut the camera on and off, and swore at it - no luck. Then I let the camera sit with the power on for ten minutes and suddenly it was restored to normal. Somehow I don't have great confidence that the problem is resolved, but at least now I can shoot...
  18. K

T3i Shooting Mode Problems - Need Help

I have a t3i (600D) with about 10,000 shutter actuations. No problems until today. Now, when I dial one shooting mode, the camera uses a different one. When I dial in Av, I get Movie Mode; when I dial M, I get portrait. Three of the dial settings map to Movie; none of the dial settings maps...
  19. K

Updated Canon 2016 Roadmap

I don't agree with the notion that you can tell a professional by the camera he or she carries. If I were hiring a wedding photographer, I'd look at his portfolio and make my decision without even asking what kind of camera he carried. By the way, I'm a yahoo with a T3i. I'm not a great...
  20. K

Patent: Tamron 10-24 f/3.5-4.5 VC

I don't have any experience with Tamron's vibration control. How many stops of improvement does Tamron typically achieve, and how does it compare with Canon's image stabilization?