Search results

1. F

Cosina officially announces the Voigtlander NOKTON RF 75mm f/1.5

Canon makes a large chunk of their margin from lenses so it makes sense from a business perspective to protect that as long as possible.
  2. F

High-resolution EOS R Camera, Where are you?

Tell me about it. In a weird way I dread having to trawl through my r5 photos after wildlife photography. I turn the frame rate down to a lower setting, even then my computer crawls trying to review all the images. For my uses I hope the r5 range stays at current resolution as an do everything...
  3. F

Are two versions of the RF 35L coming? [CR1]

I have been hanging out for this lens for so long now that since I started wanting it. I fear with inflation and canon’s ruthless commercial team the price has gone from one kidney to two.
  4. F

RF 100-500 Rear Gasket Replacement

Fair enough! For me, I need my 15-35 and 100-500 to be rain-bomb proof. I have found that dusty / rainy conditions yield some sweet landscape / wildlife photos.
  5. F

RF 100-500 Rear Gasket Replacement

While I was giving my gear a clean after a long trip I noticed my RF 100-500 had damage to the rear gasket, a small chunk of was missing. No idea how it happened. But this will likely cause the weather sealing to become compromised. Has anyone have this happen to them? How much did the repair...
  6. F

Canon USA refurb sale, Canon EOS R5 down to $2999, EOS R6 $1299 & EOS RP $599

Could be that they feel they need to differentiate themselves from the Nikon Z8 and pricing the R5 aggressively will help it stand up for longer.
  7. F

Borneo travel experiences

Hi All, I am planning a trip to Borneo later this year and I am hoping for some tips. I am mainly in to wildlife and landscapes. My gear is r5, 15-35, 24-70, 70-200 all 2.8, 100-500 and my ef 100 macro. - The 100-500 is given, what else should I take? - How do you manage the humidity? -...
  8. F

EOS R on night drives (Kruger National Park)

Hi Alan, Digging up an old thread here. I am planning a trip to Borneo. What did you take? What camera fees did you have to pay? The rules seem a bit weird to me. I was thinking of taking my r5, 100-500, 70-200 f2.8 and 15-35. I was thinking about leaving the 24-70 at home and am up in the...
  9. F

It’s time to fill those memory cards. Canon releases firmware v1.8.1 for the Canon EOS R5. 400mp stills are now possible

Disappointing. From what I have read about other cameras that can do the high res image stitches it’s little more than a gimmick that doesn’t really add much in practice. I was hoping for an AF upgrade too.
  10. F

DXO launches PhotoLab 6 with next-level noise reduction and AI technology

In my experience R5 + 100-500 at iso 12,800 pure raw (and competitors) is just magic, light years ahead of Lightroom. Give the demo a go if you haven’t tried it. It’s the only way I have found to take wildlife photos late in the day.
  11. F

That essentially what I do. I use pure raw for high iso files, but use Lightroom/ photoshop for everything else. I like the catalogue, interface etc. in Lightroom. If Lightroom could do it all I’d be happier!
  12. F

When adobe going to step up to the plate on this stuff? I feel like they are getting left behind in the noise reduction department.
  13. F

Here are some rumoured RF-S lenses that may be coming in the near future.

Similar to the rf 100-500 though. Maybe they think modern cameras can handle higher ISOs?
  14. F

DXO PureRAW 2

I have not used PhotoLab, PureRAW is a denoising and lens correction tool. Which is standalone.
  15. F

DXO PureRAW 2

There goes another $80
  16. F

DXO PureRAW 2

I see DXO have release PureRAW 2.0. Has anyone got theirs hands on it yet? I was a bag fan of the first version, but a $79 upgrade feels expensive, unless the improvements are massive.
  17. F

Canon China Teases ‘New Companion’ Coming Feb 24

Crazy thought, EOS R3 s. 75mp. The gold looks like on the 1ds…
  18. F

iPhone 13 Pro

I guess looking at it from a positive perspective, those of us who are professional/ enthusiasts, camera companies are pushed to do more and offer more in a stand alone camera. So we will keep getting better cameras. What’s the one thing you wish your phone has that your camera doesn’t? For...
  19. F

iPhone 13 Pro

Fair point, but probably never will anyway. I think the gap is closing though. I was toying with getting an m6 as a carry everywhere camera as a back up to my r5. Since getting my new phone that’s no longer on the radar.