Search results

1. F

RF 100-500 Rear Gasket Replacement

While I was giving my gear a clean after a long trip I noticed my RF 100-500 had damage to the rear gasket, a small chunk of was missing. No idea how it happened. But this will likely cause the weather sealing to become compromised. Has anyone have this happen to them? How much did the repair...
  2. F

Borneo travel experiences

Hi All, I am planning a trip to Borneo later this year and I am hoping for some tips. I am mainly in to wildlife and landscapes. My gear is r5, 15-35, 24-70, 70-200 all 2.8, 100-500 and my ef 100 macro. - The 100-500 is given, what else should I take? - How do you manage the humidity? -...
  3. F

DXO PureRAW 2

I see DXO have release PureRAW 2.0. Has anyone got theirs hands on it yet? I was a bag fan of the first version, but a $79 upgrade feels expensive, unless the improvements are massive.
  4. F

iPhone 13 Pro

Holy smokes the quality of the photos coming of this thing are incredible. Especially for portraits, I feel the quality is not that much worse than my r5 + 24-70 This is not trying to be pro Apple phones, I’m sure the equivalent android is great too. Its great having such a capable camera in...
  5. F

Maximising battery life

I was hoping to tap in to some knowledge from the forum on maximising battery longevity. With my previous DSLRs I never had the need to have more than one battery, with my R5 this is now a must. My question is should I use my batteries evenly of just use one more than the others? My...
  6. F

RF Lens Supply

I pulled the trigger on an R5 order, am very excited! The thing is Western Australia seems to have no RF lenses and people can’t even give me an eta for new stock. Even the ef adapter is on back order with a 6-8 week lead time! What’s it like overseas? I’m not after anything recently...
  7. F

15-85 Equivalent on Full Frame

Hi All, I am currently a 7D owner and am going to upgrade to FF this year. Probably to a 5D 4 when it comes out, if the specs / price work for me. I currently use a efs 15-85 as my general purpose lens and absolutely love it. I am struggling to find something equivalent. My 15-85 gets...