Search results

1. deorum

Canon USA lays off 60 employees from the camera division

Well, when CANON was hiring people, or when in the future hires some people usually this doesn't make it to the news.
  2. deorum

Sigma to Announce New Lens Ahead of the PDN PhotoPlus Expo Which Begins on October 26, 2017

Can we hope for an ART quality super tele lens? Like 300mm 2.8 or 400mm 2.8? Because the existing lenses are not on par with the canon primes...
  3. deorum

Lightroom 7 rumor

Perhaps stupid question but here it goes. If im a subscriber in Lightroom CC now, do i get free the update to LR 7.0 ? Thank you
  4. deorum

Canon EOS 6D Mark II to Get New 26mp Sensor [CR3]

lets now cross fingers for it to have a decent price, cause the introduction price of 5d4 was discouraging.
  5. deorum

Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 OS Art Preorders Start June 22, 2017

Re: Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 OS Art Pricing & Availability to be Announced Shortly How would you compare the sigma usb-dock, vs the usual AFMF from the camera? Is it better more reliable?
  6. deorum

Review: Sigma 500mm f/4 DG OS USM S by DXOMark

id favor the second answer = no consistency between tests. It has been done in the past, it wont be the first time. sure there can be a super-fancy scientifical explanation, but for me it will sound more like an excuse. Im open to listen to of course, and then judge.
  7. deorum

Canon Inc. to Acquire Own Shares

thats good. it shows that canon believes in her job. Maybe is about to introduce something ground breaking.
  8. deorum

5DIV price confirmed

25/8 today is the day?
  9. deorum

*UPDATED* Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Specifications & Image

Re: *UPDATED* Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Specifications & Image ofc it is, but its a pretty new lens, and quite expensive i should add. Its not in my inventory and i dont know if it will be on my list for future purchases. why not use a 16-35 i already have and save the money to buy a newer FF body...
  10. deorum

Re: *UPDATED* Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Specifications & Image I agree with what you say, but why you assume that we are all upgrading from a 5d3? not all of as have already a 5d3. i for example use a 1ds3 (yes its old i admit... more than 1M clicks), its 5fps, and i also use an 1d4. But for my...
  11. deorum

Re: *UPDATED* Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Specifications & Image 5 and 7 frames, is a very nice upgrade, and usefull if you shot action to grab the exact frame that makes the difference (lets say its an expression, or smth else) Its not easy to describe it, if you dont have personal experience, but...
  12. deorum

Re: *UPDATED* Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Specifications & Image OK, i've seen the new updated rumor, and correct me if i am wrong because i admit i have a lot of things to learn in video. Since the bitrate is the same as 1dx2 in most settings (500mbps), do i think that the limitation to not shot...
  13. deorum

Re: Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Specifications & Image i dont want to get in the debate if MP=noise or not. you seem to agree with me, but for some reason you mention a "semantic" way that this statament is true (if you crop the 50mp image to 20mp, it will have more noise) which is pointless, since...
  14. deorum

Re: Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Specifications & Image Tbh i was highly anticipating for the 1080p 120fps, and i am a bit dissapointed. ofc i cannot know if this is due to lack of CFast or there are also other hardware limitations (i assume that if it was as simple as CFast it would be implemented...