Search results

1. W

Rumoured Canon EOS Rs Specifications [CR1]

well... my advice was from one professional to others, take it or leave it. good luck with whatever you do
  2. W

that's the wrong way around it. the 5dsr is actually a camera without the blurring filter (high pass or whatever it's called) that 5ds has. it was a terrible idea from canon and they will not repeat this mistake again. the example picture can prove anything as it was done with a soft lens. try...
  3. W

the big question is what's your goal. if you are familiar with the superb quality of hasselblad system and you want to achieve the nearest possible from canon to satisfy your own high demands as well as your clients, then we can say we are on the same boat, but if you think the higher megapixel...
  4. W

Dear Sir, I did write my opinions only based on my subjective impressions from being a commercial photographer who switched to the sharpest digital canon ever made while being a super demanding perfectionist. I express only my point of view. Had a look at Keith's website after your post. Thank you
  5. W

I need to check this way you are suggesting via dng. I know that the camera itself sucks at scaling down raws on the go, the greenish blacks are giving a lot of problems if you are bound with very high color reproduction demands so if this scaled down dngs are ok then you may deserve a medal :)
  6. W

well... I spent 4 grand on imac and same on laptop and I wish they were quicker... once you have such big files opened, not only ram plays part but the graphic card. switching between couple of pictures is a lot of juggling in terms of computer memory, it slows everything down. if you buy a new...
  7. W

well, I photograph architecture as a full time job and sometimes do products as well. there is a big difference in sharpness between 5Ds and 5Dsr and basically everything else is a consequence of this choice. for example you think that 24-70 2.8L is a sharp lens and I got rid of it when I had my...
  8. W

a tsunami alert for all of those who think that buying a high megapixel camera is so cool idea. I've been using 5dsr (50 megapixel) for the past three years and I need to warn you that there will be some consequences. A financial consequences I mean if you are serious about the quality. First...
  9. W

Three New Tilt-Shift Lenses on the Way [CR2]

I own all good TS lenses (17mm, 24mm mk2 and 90mm) and in my opinion this is the new 45 mm. The angle of the hood is exactly between the deep 90mm hood and the very shallow 24mm hood and the main reason to do the 45mm first is that is the worst lens ever in terms of chromatic abberation. Anyone...
  10. W

ALERT - TSA declares all cameras need to come out of your bag at security

many years ago I was traveling to Poland with my 1ds (mark 1), the security screened it and as it was a first time they came across a camera with such big battery, they asked me to take a picture which I did. All went nice and in a friendly matter so I suppose it is ok if the security takes a...
  11. W

5DSr great but wish mRAW was an viable option

I was hoping that for a certain kinds of less demanding assignments I could use mraw but ended up having tremendous problems fighting those greenish shadows in postproduction. The mraw in 5dsr is an option not to be used unless they do some serious fix which I doubt. It doesn't matter what...
  12. W

Colour passports, or the little booklet with all the colours on it?

Thank you for this advice, I tried and it works on the large files alright but I don't like the effects it is producing. It makes almost no change to adobe standard setting but it pushes the hue of the reds a bit towards oranges and comparing to the Xrite software when used on the same files...
  13. W

Late 2015 Monitors for post proccessing

I would only recommend this brand: http://www.eizo.com/products/coloredge/ I have one, absolute perfect gear and also easy to calibrate as it accepts most of good brands calibrators and you don't have to worry about brightness etc as the software adjusts all the controls when calibrating.
  14. W

Colour passports, or the little booklet with all the colours on it?

I am using the xrite color checkers and I wish I knew this before as I wouldn't sold one sigma lens years ago which couldn't produce nice greens as per bad color reproduction. The xrite helps a lot with colors but you need to have a good one. My first one was the passport version and I wasn't...
  15. W

Help please on new lenses

hi there Freddy, I have some good zooms and also all the tilt and shift primes with my beloved 5dsr and the difference is very small so I can recommend you getting the primes and some good zooms only. (there was a post with the list of lenses recommended by canon to be used with canon 5ds & r...