Search results

1. Sharlin

1D X Mark III DR measurements up at Photons to Photos

Bill Claff has posted dynamic range measurements of the 1D X Mark III and they show meaningful improvement at low ISOs compared to the Mark II, and a slight improvement over the 5D4/R sensor. High ISO performance is roughly the same, purely numerically, but it's likely that there's further...
  2. Sharlin

90D firmware update now available

Firmware version 1.1.1 for the 90D is now available. Besides adding the fabled 24p mode, it fixes an incompatibility issue with the EF 85mm/1.8 and 100mm/2 lenses.
  3. Sharlin

Link: Birdies with the 90D + 600mm/4L + 1.4x

Photography-on-the.net forum member Mark Fingar posted some bird shots taken with the 90D and 600mm f/4.0L IS II plus a 1.4x extender. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves, but I daresay that the 90D is going to be a worthy second camera for many a 1DX shooter.
  4. Sharlin

Rudy Winston from Canon US on the 90D and M6 Mark II

EOS 90D: Performance Features EOS 90D: Face Detect AF During Viewfinder Shooting Video with the EOS 90D EOS M6 Mark II: Highlights
  5. Sharlin

Canon DLC articles about the EOS R

Silent Shutter with the Canon EOS R Camera Control Ring on Canon RF Lenses Video Operation and Control Features Flexible-priority Shooting Mode
  6. Sharlin

What will be the first Canon APS-C body that supports 4K?

With the upcoming 6D Mk II likely having some sort of 4K support, Canon's whole contemporary FF lineup will have 4K soon. This raises the question: which Canon APS-C body is the first to get 4K? The 80D most likely won't have a successor anytime soon; the 7D II just might but probably not within...
  7. Sharlin

I compiled a 60D/70D/80D/7D2 feature comparison table

So, apparently (as a 60D shooter) I'm uncharacteristically excited by the upcoming 80D and have too much spare time. I compiled a table of most of the quantifiable differences between the 60D, 70D and 80D bodies. It is based on the official specification documents and should be near-exhaustive...
  8. Sharlin

Interesting old 80D rumor in light of the actual published features

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/56457256 This is a six-month old rumor that at the time was just one rumor among others. However, now that the 80D is actually published it seems fairly accurate and the unconfirmed parts might have slightly more credence: Not quite but things get delayed...