Search results

1. O

Adobe Releases Lightroom Classic CC v7.5

It's price vs usage, you said it yourself, I rent a flat, and a house in another country, the internet in two countries and loads of other things but most of these I use all the time so I get something for my money, for me Lightroom gets used a few times a year and I love Lightroom but the rent...
  2. O

Fair enough but I won't be storing edits in the database, just locations, metadata, collections and tags, edits will have to be stored in the manner chosen by the developers of each editor. I'm just a solo developer I'm writing a catalogue manager for organising and finding my images, I'm not...
  3. O

A collection of any kind is just a set of file pointers grouped by a key value, you can add any criteria you like in terms of building a collection it's a trivial exercise in database programming but we pay Adobe and many others fortune for this. I sound more aggressive than I should I am not...
  4. O

Seriously? My god Lightroom must be really inefficient, catalogues and catalogues + files are a different thing, I have 50 Gb worth of files in one catalogue but the database is tiny, if the catalogue file database is that large it is surely seriously fragmented? I think you are confusing the...
  5. O

Interesting, so my posting here is not just a throwaway, thanks I will try to learn from this and I'll look into Bridge in more detail.
  6. O

A catalogue manger and a file manager are two different things. I must confess I have only indirectly used Adobe Bridge.
  7. O

I want to build a catalogue manager that supports multiple image editors, I like Lightroom's develop module but the bit that matters to me is the catalogue, I could put up with XMP sidecar files from an external editor as long as I could easily tie them to the CR2's somehow so location and...
  8. O

You can get a hell of a lot of file data (which is tiny) stored in 10GB, say you allocated 10,000 bytes per file (far too much) then you can manage 100,000 files in around 1GB (I'm not going to work out the GiB values :)) In reality I am talking about a fully normalised database (I've built it...
  9. O

I know this is my first post, I have been a lurker for a long time. I am actively trying to get away from Lightroom, I have bought every version (eventually) but on my own schedule rather than theirs, nothing in this new version is relevant to me, all my Canon camera bodies are fairly old apart...