Search results

1. P

Will Canon make a full size mirrorless crop camera?

I think the TO´s question is good and it isn`t that easy to answer. For me it´s definitely not a ff vs. crop thing. I would like to have two digital cams in my bag (instead of one because, yes, size matters): one ff dslr for best quality and because of the " good feeling" when working with...
  2. P

Tenerife - advice for birding please

There is the Blue Chaffinch (Fringilla teydea), a bird endemic to Teneriffe, probably you know. Once read it can be seen e.g. in the Parque Natural Corona Forestal (eastern-central area of the isle). Around Pico Teide it is very rocky, probably the coastal forests or in the northern parts there...
  3. P

7Dmkii + 1.4xii

Mine got the same problem (7DII+70-200+1,4III). Many OOF, and, relatively offen, camera will not focus at all. I use the 1,4III, so it seems to be regardless, which conv you use. In some situations with that combo the af will not move at all , sometimes its only hunting, many oof... I dont know...
  4. P

Issue with Sandisk SD

Very interesting insight into the recovery architecture. Didn't know that. I already used testdisk, but it couldn't recover all files. Many files were recovered just at 16KB size. Do you know why?
  5. P

Thoughts on 24-70 4.0 IS?

Great lens, very versatile. Very good IQ, nearly on par with 2.8 (if you don't pixelpeep), smaller, much more handy. Very good flare resistance and bokeh. Highly recommended! If you can get along with 4.0...
  6. P

Issue with Sandisk SD

Thank you all, now that I've tried a lot of programms, most (but not all pictures) are back. Still keep on trying... There is one postcard I already could recover, so this one's by now for you and your very appreciated help:
  7. P

Issue with Sandisk SD

I guess its hard to recover... :( Another programm, testdisk, could read the card, but only recover the jpgs in a file size of 16KB, other version could only recover half of the image (upper half: picture was fine, second half below: picture was all grey)... :o Reason? Any ideas?
  8. P

Issue with Sandisk SD

Thank you so far! Tried some, but most softwares are only able to show the lost data/picures, but not to save them, e.g. easeuse. Recuva - contrary to the others- cannot read the card. Did I get the point, quick-format the sd-card, separatly through windows, should solve this but will keep data...
  9. P

Issue with Sandisk SD

Thank you Valvebounce for the quick answer. So the only option would be data recovery, right? I found out about a sandisk recovery tool to download. but that is only free trial, without possibility for saving the recovered data. I should have this tool, as I bought plenty of sandisk cards. The...
  10. P

Issue with Sandisk SD

Hello all, got a problem with the picture transfer with a Sandisk Extreme SDHC 8GB to the computer. I wanted to download 300 winter pictures to the computer. In the preview-mode in Win around half of the pictures could be seen as thumbnails (as usual), but then the readout stopped and the...
  11. P

Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 OS Sport & Sigma 70-200 f/4 OS Contemporary Coming? [CR1]

Let's hope Sigma will bring their best techniques to the lenses. In my opinion, both the 2.8 and 4.0, need to be as "good" as the competitors offerings. Of course, the 70-200 2.8 L IS II is hard to beat, but Tamron's new one seems to be nearly as good, so Sigma has a new benchmark. Also, both...
  12. P

German AC-Foto advent calendar

Thank you for the referece that is not only b&h!
  13. P

My favorite method of focus calibration. Cheap, fast, accurate and foolproof.

I'm used to some EOS Cameras, which the 7D MKII is the latest of them. 4 (!) L-Lenses and some no-canon-lenses do not focus correctly, means I need to do some "time consuming" afma with them. The only high aperture lens delivering tack sharp images with the 7d MkII-af is the nifty-fifty...
  14. P

A question for 24-105 upgrade.

Long time I thought a 24-105 is the one and only option for a walk-around lens, but then i felt in love with the 24-70 IS :) Ok, a bit shorter fl, but so handy, just a lovely lens...
  15. P

Used Canon 35mm 1.4, advice needed

...crazy, isn´t it? If I could be more sure, I would buy a used one - without hesitation. Don´t wanna change the lens more than 10 times ;)
  16. P

After all of your inputs I still don't wanna spend 2K for the MarkII, nor more than half of that price for the MkI. I probably will wait for a good opportunity for a used MkI an test it, until I will find a matching one, like Viggo said. pbd and larsskv convinced me that in this class of lenses...
  17. P

Is the Mk I still worth half the price of the Mk II? Would you buy a "new" Mk I for more than 1k or go for something else?
  18. P

Criteria when buying lens

This is my criteria: 1) Do I really need the product??? 2) Will it increase my creative possibilities (better f-stop, different focal lenght)? 3) Performance, quality, testing results 4) Fair pricing 4) Build, durability and weather sealing 5) Service from the manufacturer . . . 9) Brand! (I...
  19. P

Thank you all so far. Especially Viggos words makes me wonder, if buying used from a private person will make much sense with this very lens. If about 1/3 of his lenses, as he states, were significantly less sharp than the other samples, it makes more sense buying this lens at a local store...