Search results

1. G

All of the nominated documentaries at the Oscars were shot on Canon cameras.

What, is DPReview suddenly handing out the awards?
  2. G

Canon EOS RP w/RF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM in stock and ready to ship

Sweet! I see the RP's are in stock at Henrys here in Canada already so I expect to be getting mine real soon now :) Looks like up here we get the EF mount adapter and an extra battery instead of the grip extention. Can't wait!
  3. G

Canon's Full Frame Mirorrless Cameras [CR2]

True, but also the reality of that statement is the vast majority of those Canon sales are Rebels and other lower end gear. You know, the folks who almost never buy another lens or other accessory and the camera more than likely stays at home in the closet for months and months at a time...
  4. G

The only problem with your theory here is teenage girls buy M50's, they don't buy FF mirrorless. Canon is selling Rebels and low end mirrorless to people shooting in green box mode trying to use the pop up flash to shoot through windows at the zoo. Yes, there are a LOT of those types of...
  5. G

By Sony troll you mean yet another one of those Canon guys (10 years in my case) that switched to Sony. You know, the ones you guys all claim don't exist because no Canon user has switched yet, all of 'em are still drinking the Canon kool-aid and all is well in Canon land - nothing but kitty...
  6. G

Exactly! My guess is Canon was either going to shock and awe all of us with yet another tepid parts bin half-a$$ed release that they charge a premium for but then the A7iii happened, or they've hit some major engineering hurdles. Or both. Seems like a market Canon wants to ignore while...
  7. G

Industry News: The First Rumored Specifications of Nikon's Full Frame Mirrorless Cameras

Yes, all 7 of them in the six years since EF-M came out. And three of the 7 are kit lenses. Setting the world on fire Canon is! For comparision, Sony has 18 E mount lenses unless I can't count correctly with all my fingers and toes and I can only image how many Fuji has which is many more...
  8. G

I would disagree wiith you on this point. When you ask enthusiast's/pro's who the leader is in FF mirrorless, they would have to answer Sony. Yes, they are he only ones in that segment so they 'win' by default, but they are the leaders in that market and have a well sorted out camera and lens...
  9. G

Haha, you nailed it! First it was Canon has prototypes out in the field being tested for years now, then it was select Canon Explorers of Light were field testing possible production units, then it was a release was going to happen REAL SOON NOW, then the A7iii hit and it was pushed back to...
  10. G

More Canon Gear Appears for Certification, Including 5 New Lenses

Haha, speak for yourself! I can't imagine what Canon could release that would entice me to buy. Anything they do is following the leader (tech wise, not sales wise) at this point and you can quote me on this - it WILL be intentionally crippled to some degree so as to not affect sales of the...
  11. G

The EOS 80D Replacement to be a Big Leap Forward [CR2]

To each their own but I think this is a brilliant feature on Sony cams. Using myself as an example, I'm a regular single income household with a mortgage, car payment, child support and a child going to University in 2 years on top of all the other usual expenses. Dropping $5k+ on a body and a...
  12. G

Bingo. I have the Sigma 16/1.4 and Sigma 60/2.8 for my A6000, love them both! I haven't checked so I could be wrong but am sure the Sigma 16 & 30 isn't available in EF-M, not sure of the Sigma 60? Am going out today to buy the Sigma 30/1.4 in E mount. These are all very good examples of...
  13. G

The 80D is actually an excellent all rounder, it really is. The problem is the rest of the manufacturers are moving faster than Canon is willing to so the competition is just more excellent-er in what they are releasing. AND, this is the important bit, Canon has totally fallen down on APS-C...
  14. G

Same. I was itching for FF and would have jumped on the 6Dii when it came out but then I read it had the 80D's focus system in it, all focus points clustered in the middle. I think that's what did it for me, made me look at other brands and have since gotten a Sony and a Fuji. STILL have my...
  15. G

Patent: New EF-S 18-55 With an LCD Display?

WTF is going on at Canon? The market is moving to upmarket mirrorless and they are spending limited resources on adding a gimmick to a low end kit lens while they delay thier FF mirrorless. It's like it's la-la-land at Canon corporate. Totally out of touch with reality and as dysfunctional as...
  16. G

What's Next From Canon?

You're right, Kia was a bad example. I used Kia as it also has a market built of low priced products that they want to flood the market with. A more apt comparison would be GM. A couple of flagship products but the vast majority of what they market/sell is just badged engineered/share the...
  17. G

Updated EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II on the Horizon? [CR1]

Haha, it's the Canon way of doing business - "you will buy what we make, we don't care what the market wants, you will be assimilated."
  18. G

What's Next From Canon?

Exactly. Sony has moved so fast, faster than the Canon behemoth and beurocracy could even get out of its own way, let alone design, build, market or sell something. Canon has waited far too long and will pay the price. The A7iii and A7Riii and the upcoming A7s are all very hard for Canon to...
  19. G

What's Next From Canon?

The fact that Sony has made inroads this quickly and is making even bigger strides this year says it all. When this years results are released next winter will Sony be the #1 brand for 3 or 4 or 5 months? The slo-mo Canon train wreck is happening. And Sony is doing that by pushing FF bodies...
  20. G

What's Next From Canon?

Where Canon is padding their numbers to get to the roughly 50% marketshare is in their low end Costco/Best Buy kits. Canon is turning into the Kia of the camera world. Go out anywhere touristy and there is a sea of teenagers with a Rebel (and to be fair, Nikon 3000 series bodies) and kit...