Search results

1. U

There are delays in production for both the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6

My cousin went that way a few years ago. He didn't hire a wedding photographer, and the wedding invitation said people are hereby invited to shoot with their smartphones. He got ~1,000 photos, some taken by a different cousin who is a pro photographer and owns a Leica, and was happy enough with...
  2. U

Is a 150mp Canon EOS R camera on the way? [CR1]

The camera market is shrinking, and MF camera manufacturers aren't doing any better than 35mm camera manufacturers. Canon is invested in the RF line of lenses. I think it unlikely Canon would venture now into a new camera line. Possibly. IIRC, Canon demonstrated a 250 MP APS-H sensor, maybe it...
  3. U

The Canon EOS R5 will have an SD & CFExpress slot [CR2]

Feel free to ask camera manufacturers to make such a camera. I'm sure (really, with no shred of cynicism) they'll make one in a few years.
  4. U

IMHO, social engineering is a form of hacking. Not all photographers are tech savvy, in this sense, hence my criticism of cloud usage.
  5. U

I know enough photographers to know social engineering would work on some of them. You've already taken it personally, so feel free to continue doing so.
  6. U

Patent: Canon universal battery grip

If the electronic interface is the same (a universal adapter wouldn't work otherwise), making a new camera-specific grip is just a matter of reshaping the plastic, a quick & cheap job.
  7. U

And the universal grip would not be copied?
  8. U

Except it doesn't matter. Photographers are as susceptible to social engineering as celebrities.
  9. U

I'll be happy to buy a universal grip, but wonder what would make Canon give up on profits from making new grip for each new camera.
  10. U

Patent: Canon RF 13-21mm f/2.8L

AFAIK, the advantage of Ra is with long lenses, not wide.
  11. U

CFExpress type A supports one lane, hence as fast as SD express, except with no backward compatibility to SD cards. Yes, that backward compatibility is limited to 104 MB/s (still good enough for v90 video), but I can't see camera manufacturers pushing CFE type A over SDE.
  12. U

You described the cloud based storage in very complimentary way. I noted it has downsides, e.g. it might be hacked in order to leak private photos, delete valuable photos, etc.
  13. U

A) If its that important to you, either use one slot, or buy the EOS 1D X for its dual CFExpress slots,. B) Until literally last month, the best you could get was dual UHS-II (312 MB/s) in Sony land, announced under 9 months ago. Yet, people are already bi***ing about it not becoming a standard.
  14. U

There's a list of female celebrities who, I suspect, disagree with your description of the service.
  15. U

Pixel binning and square sensor

Part of it is technical. E.g. the EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM mkI had a 3:2 rectangle in the back to protect against internal reflections when working against bright light. That means any square sensor the lens could work with would be necessarily smaller than than the 3:2 FF sensor. If a camera is...
  16. U

New to Video - recommended cine lenses?

There are good videos covering this on youtube. Off the top of my head: 1. Cine lenses from the same series / manufacturer are usually housed in identical shells (rings in the same place, etc) to ease switching them in a cine rig. This is part of the lenses being built for pro cinematographers...
  17. U

Canon 5D MARK V probably in June/July?

Yes, smart phones can shoot 4K. Does the average Joe use a stabilizer to make that 4K video looks good, or does he accept Blair Witch Project quality video? Does Joe even have a 4K screen? [Asking my larger family what screens they have, there are a lot more don't know or care than people who...
  18. U

Five Canon RF lenses show up for certification

That depends on how many people are there in each of those groups.
  19. U

Canon 5D MARK V probably in June/July?

The average Joe can shoot 1080, and probably shoots video with a smartphone to begin with.