Search results

1. S

Photokina 2019 scheduled for May has been cancelled, show to return annually May 2020

It's hard to believe an excuse like "The products shown in 2018 were so amazing that we're worried 2019 would be a disappointment," after declaring it to be an annual rather than biennial event. Translated from marketing happy talk, maybe they mean, "Vendors weren't that enthused about coming...
  2. S

Opinion: Canon is causing its own problems with the RF mount

My conclusion from all the helpful discussion is that I won't buy the M5 (or follow on) that I had considered. When I wanted small and light, I added a Rebel (T4i) to my collection and recently got the 77D. Although Canon hasn't filled out the EF-S lenses as much as I would like, I can pick and...
  3. S

Canon EOS M5 Manual Available for Download

Thanks for the helpful replies. I'm tempted by the M5 and am looking forward to detailed reviews when it's released.
  4. S

Canon EOS M5 Manual Available for Download

I'm trying to figure out some of the flash features from the manual. I can't tell if the M5 can use the pop-up flash to control remote flash, nor can I tell if the M5 menu system can control an ST-E2 or ST-E3. I also wonder about how the EVF responds to flash. EVFs give an exposure simulation...
  5. S

Canon USA Announces Five New PowerShot Cameras

That's an unfortunate question ... since the answer is that the question doesn't make any sense. I like to modify "it doesn't compute" questions to something (slightly) sensible and answer that. For the 500L, I would tell them the zoom is 10X since the focal length is 10X normal. The questioner...