Search results

1. HB

Show your Bird Portraits

JMAYER, you r warbler shots have been a joy to view. here's a couple of bullfinch shots from this morning, feeding on dandelion seed.
  2. HB

Show your Bird Portraits

Reed bunting sitting atop a stem of reed mace which they shred to access the seeds.
  3. HB

Show your Bird Portraits

Thanks Guy's, I use the canon EF100-400 mk2 with RF adapter, on the R6. In these images with the 1.4 teleconverter attached to aid flight shots that interest me most. The Puffin was at 560mm taken at probably 4M+ and the Razorbill at 189mm taken using the flip screen as the camera was held...
  4. HB

Show your Bird Portraits

It's been so long since I posted on the site but still marvel at the quality of images contained herein, I have morphed through a 7D mk2 to 5Dmk4 to R6 since I joined and still feel on a learning curve. I recently visited one of the Firth of Forth islands here on the Scottish east coast which is...
  5. HB

Show your Bird Portraits

Alan, would love to have taken this image, it's a Green Bee-eater. It's been a while since I visited the topic and i'm still well impressed by everyone's contributions.
  6. HB

Show your Bird Portraits

ISv, can I just say "common" is relative to where we stay, in addition to that images of perfectly exposed birds tend to show them off at there very best. We have been fortunate to have had some sunny days here on the East coast of Scotland recently and I managed some outings in a local park.
  7. HB

Show your Bird Portraits

There is no doubt as to why this thread goes on, great images just keep on coming. A pair of sparrowhawks are visiting my garden regularly, The male is very wary, the shot uploaded was taken through the kitchen window. The female came in and perched quite contentedly on the top of the bird feed...
  8. HB

Has the forum gone quiet?

I'm guessing that most of the viewers are from the older generation group and as such find change a bit daunting, It is only a matter of time before we get familiar with new surroundings and navigate about as before. So first of all, administrator thanks for providing the level of service that...
  9. HB

Show your Bird Portraits

Jeremy, great series. Harry.
  10. HB

Show your Bird Portraits

Seems we have a growing number of regulars. It's nice to comment/praise newcomers but I for one don't post to hear accolades, so really being included with "everyone" is just fine. When I first found CR I was really hoping for technical advice on my shots but some are thin skinned and overall...
  11. HB

Show your Bird Portraits

Click, Jack, Dpc and Wiebe, thanks for your comments on my wheatear image, much appreciated. Harry.
  12. HB

Show your Bird Portraits

I was out yesterday morning on a lovely spring day and came across this migrant Wheatear, it proved to be very confiding allowing me to spend a few minutes to take quite a lot of images, this one I liked the best. Harry.
  13. HB

Show your Bird Portraits

Nice pictures Joules, and everyone else. It's a tree sparrow by the way, only a locally common species nowadays. It's nice to see the countryside greening up here on the East side of Scotland, been a long winter, I'll use the Yellowhammer image to illustrate this, Known also as the Scotch canary...
  14. HB

Show your Bird Portraits

Clbayley, It was worth the wait. Harry.
  15. HB

Show your Bird Portraits

Yip Jack, apologies. It was CL's chickadee. Late night viewing!!. I have to say it is always a pleasure browsing through the two bird related galleries, I've learned so much. Harry.
  16. HB

Show your Bird Portraits

Great exposure on the chickadee Jack, crisp indeed. Enjoying the redpoll's as well. Harry.
  17. HB

Show your Bird Portraits

Hi Isv, Jack. Interesting shot of your house sparrow, I noticed a difference in it's head pattern compared to ours in Scotland.Been looking through some old images and came up with one off ours looking a bit more "noble". I was reminded about a linnet shot of mine taken just after it had a bathe...
  18. HB

Show your Bird Portraits

Thanks Click, jprusa. Around here ( Scotland) Blue tits are so common birdwatchers seldom give them a second glance but now just as the breeding season approaches they are bursting with colour, I took this image whilst waiting for a much harder subject to appear, truth is I was so absorbed...
  19. HB

BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

Cracking shot Stuart. Jack, long tailed ducks are called Oldsquaws in your neck of the woods. Harry.
  20. HB

Show your Bird Portraits

Hi Jack, Your chickadee's may be common to you but don't forget you have viewers from all over the planet. Nice image.. here's one off mine. Harry.