Search results

1. H

Canon EOS R1 and EOS R5 Mark II marketing and training has begun with preferred retailers

Anyone dare a guess at whether the R1 will allow focusing on horisontal lines?
  2. H

SmallRig LP-E6NH $31.99 (Reg $39.99)

You could also go for the Blumax two-pack for €59.90 if you want cheap batteries: https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Blumax-Battery-Compatible-LP-E6NH-Charging/dp/B0BFDZPHBM
  3. H

Here we go again, the Canon RF 35mm f/1.4L rumored to be announced next month

A 35mm lens might not be a portrait lens for you, but it is for me. I'd prefer a 35mm f/1.0 if I could have it, but I'm so far doing fine with an f/1.4. For really tricky situations, I can get twice the separation by stitching a panorama taken with my 85/1.4 from the same distance.
  4. H

Back Focus issues on Tamron 85mm in Canon EOS R

Is this with eye tracking AF or do you spot focus and then recompose? I had the same experience going from kit zooms to large-aperture primes, but that was because I did focus-recompose.
  5. H

Canon Watch claims that the 6D mark II has been discontinued

I'm expecting prices on Canon-branded mirrorslappers to take a nosedive as soon as the 5DmkIV also gets discontinued. Any day now...
  6. H

Canon Patent Application: Automated Tilt Movements

Imagine a TS lens where you get the possibility to servo-AF track two subjects and the camera adjusts tilt to get both in the focal plane! Add on automatic perspective corrective shift action and IS+IBIS and you would open up a whole new area of photography. I'd really, really like to have a...
  7. H

There are at least 3 more PowerZoom lenses coming [CR3]

I thought the 24-105/2.8 was released as a companion to the 100-300/2.8.
  8. H

Canon EOS R5 Mark II sensor resolution likely to stick at 45mp but with new AI features [CR2]

Seeing these rumours of probably nothing new that matters for me and with a history of new bodies being exorbitantly expensive in Sweden, I gave up and bought a used R5 and an EF 35/1.4L ii so I guess we'll see a $2800 R5ii with 100Mpx and a $1800 RF 35/1.2L in a few months just to make my life...
  9. H

Zoom lens for Indoor Sports?

That's an interesting lens! Too bad I can't seem to be able to learn how to handle Nikon bodies. Sony for me is disqualified for life for way too sneaky business practices, like shopping malware on music CDs as a copy protection measure.
  10. H

Zoom lens for Indoor Sports?

I've started shooting quite a bit of fast-moving indoor sports in small, poorly lit, venues. I'm finding a 70-200/2.8 to be a bit long on the short end, almost short on the longer and just barely fast enough, constantly forcing me to use iso 6400 or higher for usable sharpness. When lacking...
  11. H

Which long lens for Japan?

Why bring a 300mm mirror lens when you have a 100-400 in the bag? On the other hand, unless I'm specifically travelling for wildlife, I'm not even bothering bringing focal lengths over 200mm.
  12. H

Canon’s 2024 Roadmap, and the timeline surprised us [CR3]

I also find that unless at least ~15% of the image area is properly in focus, the out of focus parts are pretty much guaranteed to be a detraction for the viewer for larger prints. Filling the frame with an in-focus person wide open with a 35/1.4 is tricky. Absolute magic when it works, though...
  13. H

Parents: What are/were your most used lenses for your small kids?

I did sort of the same as you, except my youngs are a few year younger and I already had a nifty fifty when the first was born. Absolutely gorgeous baby photos. As long as I could keep up with their pace, 20-30mm on APS-C and 35-50mm on fullframe made some of the best images I've taken. When I...
  14. H

What is Your Most Wanted Canon RF Lens/Camera That Isn't Available?

A weather sealed RF 35mm f/1.4L USM with really nice bokeh. Possibly even f/1.2 and/or DS A fast-focusing, internally-focusing, light-weight RF 50mm f/1.4 with a proper focusing ring, manual focus, for times where the f/1,8 aperture isn't wide enough but you can't bring a monster 50mm f/1.2L...
  15. H

At least three new lenses to be announced ahead of CP+

Yeah what happened to that EF 200mm f/2.0 L IS USM lens? Discontinued for over two years with nothing to replace it?
  16. H

Webcam utility pro announced, what do you think ?

This seems dumb. For the price of half a year of this software rental you can get an HDMI-to-UVC dongle and do proper full HD video. OBS on top of that and the feature list is pretty much empty. Well, wireless video is nice of course but the battery won't last long enough to really matter. At...
  17. H

Here is the official Canon USA press release for the Canon EOS R3

How they could break compatibility with a world of Profoto and Elinchrom users and call it pro baffles me. What use is fast silent shooting with flash sync on electronic shutter if you can't use it with flash hardware that can sustain that pace until next year? Come on Canon, get that flash...
  18. H

Venus Optics announce the new Laowa 15mm f/4.5 Zero-D Shift Lens – World’s Widest Shift Lens for Full Frame Cameras

Walking around in a city, the TS-E 24mm on full shift lets you frame a building that you'd otherwise need a 16-35mm zoom for. Except with the UWA zoom you'd either at 16-17mm have the street cover close to 50% of your pixels or point your camera upwards so much at closer to 24mm that perspective...
  19. H

Patent: Some very strange full frame lenses

You could, and it's not too different. You'd have to lock up the shutter and use electronic shutter only.