Search results

1. I

What a Full Frame Canon Mirrorless Needs To Have To Be Successful

well, that was 4 years ago, i think, Re: the EM-1. i've read somewhere about the canon M5 not having AFMA in it's menu, so i assumed there's no need for AFMA.
  2. I

What a Full Frame Canon Mirrorless Needs To Have To Be Successful

- native EF lens mount - great EF lens lineup already. - weight & size - lighter weight is welcome. as for size, Canon doesn't need to go on a diet. - good AF mirrorless eliminates the need for AFMA (am i correct?)
  3. I

Canon Rumors Turns 10 Years Old

Re: Happy Birthday, Canon Rumors Turns 10 Years Old Today Congratulations and Thank You for a very informative site. Learned a great deal from you guys. More power!
  4. I

Weather Sealing Torture Test: Canon, Olympus, Nikon Pass.. Sony?

The drain plug could be mighty expensive ;D.
  5. I

Re: Canon 600EXII-RT

Thanks everybody for taking the time to respond. @caMARYnon - This info is a great help in my decision-making process. @tron - Yes, you're right about that. If it's not legit, why waste by putting a "Made in China" tag. BTW, I checked my 430EXiii-RT bought from our local Canon store, and it is...
  6. I

Re: Canon 600EXII-RT

Hello CR Folks! Need an advice from you guys regarding a used Canon 600exII-RT that im planning to buy. Upon inspection of the product pics posted online, I can see that its "Made in China". Searching thru the web, I can only see product images that are "Made in Japan". Is it safe to assume...
  7. I

Some Minor Canon Lens Announcement Clarification

+1 Add to that a 50mm non-L, and a 135mm L with IS. :)
  8. I

Tamron 24-70mm f/2.8 DI VC USD G2 Announcement Coming Next Week

+1 Hopeful that Tamron could make it lighter, with less distortion at the wide-end, and more corner sharpness.
  9. I

Updated Canon EOS 6D Mark II Specifications [CR2]

Yay! If these hold true and materialize, already a very good reason to upgrade from a 6D. Eliminates focus-and-recompose (well maybe most of it).
  10. I

Canon EOS 6D Mark II to Get New 26mp Sensor [CR3]

If DPAF is in the APS-C entry level T7i/800D, surely, it must be included in the 6DII as well. How about AF? number of AF points, coverage/spread? Anything? Thanks.
  11. I

C-Log Addition to Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Not Just a Firmware Update?

Re: C-Log Update to Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Not Just a Firmware Update? Isn't there a switch that reads "Unlock all"?:):):) Btw, that made my day. Thanks.
  12. I

What were your first Canons? Analog and or digital?

My first Canon was a P&S (Ixus - cant remember what model) in 2006. First DSLR was a 550D last 2012, and that got me interested in photography. Upgraded to a 6D in 2015 and am currently happy with :). Cheers.
  13. I

Where is the Canon EOS 6D Mark II?

Great set of predicted specs. But, will these make it to the finished product? Looking forward to MP kept at a minimal increase, cleaner images at higher ISO, & wider placement of AF points.
  14. I

Nikon Reports Extraordinary Loss, Fundamental Company-wide Restructuring

+1 We, as consumers, will benefit from that. Better value for our hard-earned money.
  15. I

What will the 77D get that the 800D won't?

Im just hoping that the 800D gets the 45 AF points. If the entry-level for aps-c dslr can have that, then why not the FF 6DII? Here's to hoping.
  16. I

Some Canon EOS 6D Mark II Talk [CR2]

Product differentiation maybe. 5DIV is great for this type of photography, 6DII will be great for other things. Different gear for different types of photography.
  17. I

6DII price tag and MP count rumor

Im not really into the MP count. Canon could make it 24, heck they could even retain 20 if they want to :D. If someone wants higher MP's, they can opt for either the 5D IV or the 5DS/R variants. But please Canon, improve the AF - more AF points (plus cross-type ones), wider spread, etc. . . ...
  18. I

Seasons greetings.

To all CR folks & their families: Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and a prosperous New Year!!
  19. I

TDP Image Quality posted - 24-105L II

Version II = Better than the previous one. Im hoping that was a bad copy they tested.