Search results

1. Uneternal

Canon EOS R5 Firmware v2.0.0 Released

Canon should really try to put a bit more effort in Firmware updates. Things I would've liked to see improved: - 1/16000 electronic shutter. - Autofocus tracking algorithm improvements (update to R7 / R6II algorithms) - Highres mode with RAW output. - System optimizations for less power drain...
  2. Uneternal

Fixed lens “Retro” camera coming from Canon?

I would personally buy such a camera in a heartbeat. The big hype about the Fuji X100V doesn't only have to do with its retro-aesthetics. It's the leaf shutter combined with a fast lens which is able to create a look that cannot easily be achieved with any camera. Or at least not with this tiny...
  3. Uneternal

Canon’s 2024 Roadmap, and the timeline surprised us [CR3]

So, the R1 only gets a development announcement? Does this mean that Canon might release the camera later than they originally planned? And if so, this could mean that they\'re still improving it to make it more competitive against the Sony A9III?
  4. Uneternal

Canon EOS R5 Mark II Specification make the rounds

I still think Canon will release the R5II in Q4 this year. Almost all other big players released new cameras. It would be a weird move to release absolutely nothing before Christmas.
  5. Uneternal

Three new stacked sensor cameras coming from Canon [CR2]

"...and nothing pointing to any Q4 2023 announcements." I don't know if Canon ordered you to stay quiet but IMO there's no way that there will be no new announcement before the Christmas sales. I'm pretty sure they're getting ready to announce the R5II soon (Oct/Nov timeframe).
  6. Uneternal

Canon EOS R5 Mark II going to 60mp? [CR1]

I hope not, but Canon's always late to the party. IMO it would make more sense to release it for Christmas sales. And there were rumors that suggested an early release. It would allow Canon to lower the price of the R5, which would make them more competitive. Currently, if you want a high...
  7. Uneternal

Canon is looking to partner with a smartphone manufacturer

Contrary to the article I believe the Nothing phone would be one of the worst choices. Canon needs to find a partner that has the same reputation as they have in the photography world otherwise it would seem desperate. It's also very unlikely that a Japanese company would partner with a Chinese...
  8. Uneternal

This is the Canon RF lens roadmap

I wonder what happened to the RF-S 22mm f/2.0 STM that was rumored to come with the R50. That lens was the perfect street photography lens on EF-M with almost exactly 35mm.
  9. Uneternal

There are two more APS-C RF mount cameras coming [CR2]

The entry segment isn't dead at all. Canon actually makes the most profit there. There's still lots of people who want to upgrade from phone quality and look for something in the sub $1000 range. If you watched any of Canon's video ads for R10 and R7 you'd have seen they're aiming for exactly...
  10. Uneternal

Canon R1000??

You'd probably have to travel to the future, there is no way that this is feasible with current technology. Not with an APS-C or full frame sensor. Where would all the hardware go? Processor, screen, battery - all that needs space.
  11. Uneternal

Another announcement cycle is out of the way, so what’s next from Canon for the EOS R system?

So no word about EOS R8 (EOS R replacement)? Given that Sony has a 33 MP camera out as mainstream fullframe, I would expect an answer from Canon. And the original EOS R is also overdue for an upgrade.
  12. Uneternal

R6 II IS OUT - SO WHAT'S NEXT?

I asked myself the same. So at the beginning of the year there were rumors about a new entry-level full-frame RF mount camera. It also mentioned, it will use the image sensor of the EOS R6. There were also rumors about a new 30 megapixel camera on Weibo but just with a [CR1] rating. And another...
  13. Uneternal

Here is the Canon EOS R6 Mark II & Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM

What do you expect? Get an R5 for the price of an R6? Of course, there won't be a lot of changes. I still think it will have the stacked sensor, because Canon currently doesn't have a 24M full frame sensor other than the R3 sensor. And it's unlikely they developed a new one specifically for this...
  14. Uneternal

The Canon EOS R6 Mark II will be announced on November 2, 2022

I think the unusual release cycle (usually 4 years) points to a rushed decision. The R6 honestly has some underwhelming specs against Sony's A7IV, mainly people will instantly spot 13 megapixels less and ask themselves why they should pay the same for an otherwise more or less similar spec'd...
  15. Uneternal

USD pricing for the Canon EOS R6 Mark II and Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM has leaked ahead of the imminent announcement

Some people don't realize that too many cooks can spoil the broth. And having a lot of people aiding your business decisions doesn't mean you're making better decisions than some people in a forum (who have decades of experience). See Kodak, see Nokia, see Meta, see Samsung's camera department...
  16. Uneternal

USD pricing for the Canon EOS R6 Mark II and Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM has leaked ahead of the imminent announcement

This is such a weird move, to lauch it at the same price like the R6. I bet it'll make a lot of people mad who bought the original R6 right now or a few months ago. I seems to me like a rushed move to have a more competitive model against the Sony A7IV. So who knows, there might even be the same...
  17. Uneternal

The Canon EOS R6 Mark II should be announced sometime this year

Pretty late announcement. I don't know what's Canons endgame here. Are they trying to saturate the market with a 20MP, a 24MP, 45MP and next year a 30MP EOS R camera? Meanwhile Sony brings a brand new 60MP flagship that costs exactly the same (actually one dollar less, probably a wink from Sony)...
  18. Uneternal

Canon EOS R6 Mark II – Here are some more specifications

How would a new camera that's gonna be in the $3000 range cut into the sales of the R6, which by that time next year will probably be around $2200 or less? It would rather cut into the sales releasing two new cameras because there wouldn't be much room to put this new R6 Mark II. That's why I...
  19. Uneternal

Canon EOS R6 Mark II – Here are some more specifications

Actually it's always been a 4 year cycle. Sometimes a little less, sometimes a little more. 6D was released end of 2012, 6D2 came a little later, middle of 2017. Canon has never updated cameras after just 2 years. The original EOS R came in 2018, so its theoretically about to get an update soon...