Search results

1. D

Preorder: Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM & Canon Speedlite EL-5

Hello, The price for the Canon EOS R6 Mark II with the RF 24-105mm at Camera Canada is most definitely wrong: it can't be 2849$, it should be around 4629$ instead.
  2. D

The Canon EOS R3 at the Tokyo Olympic Games

That seems right!
  3. D

Ballet photography is an art, indeed!
  4. D

I tried it and wasn't happy: I found it difficult to set up and unreliable. Some photos are correctly tagged, while others are not, and as mentioned by others, it drains two batteries (phone and camera). What I love to do? When shooting on the move, I record my "travels" on my Garmin watch...
  5. D

More Canon RF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro Information

I simply love my EF 100mm, I use it mostly for portraits or to isolate a subject from a small crowd or a busy context. I wonder, however, if the RF version will be even better than the EF version, or if the only advantage would be to ditch the adapter, thus lightly reducing it's bulkiness. David
  6. D

RF 35 f/1.8 or RF 50 f/1.8 ?

Thank you, everyone, for your answers. I decided to buy the RF 35mm… and then learned there was a 150$ rebate on it. Even better! Now, I'm just waiting for it to arrive at my local photo shop. Can't wait to try it!
  7. D

I already use the EF 16-35 f/2.8 and the EF 70-200 f/2.8, but I'me looking for an inconspicuous lens that can handle shooting inside or when the light is low. My 16-35 is very pleasant to use, but once you add the adapter, the thing becomes quite noticeable and warrants unwanted attention in...
  8. D

That's a good one, I like it! I also like your suggestion to ask Lightroom about my preferred focal length, I'll do that. Thanks!
  9. D

Well, the title says it all! Are these two lenses of equal quality? The 50mm is a lot cheaper, but is it only because of the lack of a dedicated focus ring? Are there other factors at play, here, beside the consumer niches into which Canon wanted to place them? My local camera store has just...
  10. D

I once was in love with my RP........

I understand your problem. The RP is now so cheap that it's better to keep it as your secondary body or even as your emergency body in case of a problem with your R5 (hope that never happens to you!) than to sell it for a few hundred dollars (here, in Québec, you can buy it new for the...
  11. D

Zoom for Canon RP?

Sorry for coming a bit late with an answer to your question, but still, here it is. Two years ago, I bought the RP with its kit lens, the 24-105 f/4 IS USM. At first, I expected to be limited by its relatively small aperture, but the RP is good enough to manage this lens, even inside. I...
  12. D

Stock Notice: Canon EOS R5 body at Adorama

That's your answer for everything, isn't it?
  13. D

Stock Notice: Canon EOS R5 body at Adorama

Here, in Québec, you can easily buy the adapters, but the R5 is nowhere to be found. Canon USA and Canon Canada should team up…
  14. D

Canon USA has updated their refurbished inventory, included select RF lenses

Does anyone know why there are never (or almost never) any refurbished lenses or cameras on Canon's canadian web site?
  15. D

This is the possible Canon RF mount camera roadmap [CR2]

The RP has the eye detection autofocus, and it works pretty well on a still or slow moving subject. Forget a running kid, though! I use it a lot with portraits.
  16. D

The second button is set to "eye detection AF". I only used it for stills, so no, I don't know the difference between these two modes. That is correct. The first back button focus is for regular autofocus (using chosen AF point), the second one for eye detection autofocus. Of course, most of...
  17. D

I haven't read the eight pages of comments following yours, so maybe someone already suggested it to you, but you could use the "two back button focus" technique in these kind of situations. First back button focusing brings you on focus on your subject, then you press the second one to activate...
  18. D

Canon RF 50mm f/1.8 STM specifications

I notice, sadly, that there is only one focus/control ring: you have to switch between focus and whatever else you'll want to customize it for. The 35mm has a separate focus ring and the regular customizable control ring.
  19. D

Kickstarter: Peak Design Launches a Complete Mobile Accessory Ecosystem

Again, the universal adapter may solve your problem.
  20. D

Kickstarter: Peak Design Launches a Complete Mobile Accessory Ecosystem

To use the mounts, you could still buy the universal adapter.