Search results

1. S

Is a Canon EOS R7 Mark II coming this year? [CR2]

I agree with what you’ve written, but I’m not sure I follow the last part. Those three lenses are for (more) affordable ‘reach’. I’d think an R7ii might drive more sales of those lenses and those lenses might drive more sales of an R7ii, no?
  2. S

Summary of my RF 200-800mm testing

Thank you for all the clarification and the detailed reply. I find it interesting and valuable that you don’t like the results of the 1.4x and prefer the 2x. I have an 800/11 here from CPS and used beside the 100-500 and 100-400ii with 1.4x, the 800 is resolving noticeably more than either of...
  3. S

I have a friend selling a practically unused 100-500, for less than I can get a 200-800 for. It is a pristine lens. I will definitely be selling my 100-400ii if I end up buying a new lens. If the new lens is a 100-500, I’ll be pairing it with a teleconverter. Thanks for your feedback. The part...
  4. S

I have read this whole series of threads, multiple times and I’d like to start by saying ‘thank you’ for your work. I must admit though, I’m still not fully clear on a couple details and I’m hoping to get some help. I hope asking these questions here is the appropriate place… 1) The 200-800...
  5. S

Best of Canon 2023: #3 RF 100-300mm f/2.8L IS USM

I thought Jan Wegener’s review was pretty decent:
  6. S

Theoretical and practical limits of high megapixel cameras.

I have a question. My understanding of diffraction is very limited. If I use my R5 in crop mode, will my image have the same diffraction as FF mode, for the same given area of the image. Asked differently (and hopefully asking the same question) is it solely the pixel density that effects...
  7. S

MTF Charts vs. Sharpness in the field

I’m not sure the comparison the OP did is fair. There’s more ‘stuff’ in the air when shooting the 400 vs. The 135, if the subject is framed the same. I’m no expert of MTF charts, but in real world use, my 100-400 ii varies greatly depending on the weather and atmospheric conditions. A lot of...
  8. S

Pro-1000 vs waiting for predecessor?

I thought 17x25 was the largest size... Do you need to do anything special to get the extra 5"?
  9. S

Delkin Devices 325GB BLACK CFexpress Card $199 (Reg $425)

Thank you. That’s $20 more for me (in Canada) than a comparable 128GB card… what a deal!
  10. S

Venus Optics unveils a new 90mm f/2.8 2X Ultra Macro APO for mirrorless camera

Am I the only one who can’t use this site anymore? This is a full screen capture on my phone. It’s literally 99% advertisements. Why do I even try...
  11. S

Anyway to lock to focus of an RF lens / Body?

I have to ask... Is Auto Focus not up to the job? It takes a split second in the R3/5/6. Maybe keep the EF 16-35 and change to an R6 instead? I guess I just don't see the reason to lock AF. I shot a couple weddings with my EOS R and using OCF and AF never let me down, from 24mm f2.8 and even...
  12. S

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS R5 C

While I certainly understand the disappointment with no IBIS, dual-boot, micro HDMI... I also see the potential here. There are a lot of people already loving the current R5 for video production. People who are making a good living with the current offering. But, now, with what looks to be a...
  13. S

Dynamic range testing of the Canon EOS R3 is complete

All cameras are equal, but some cameras are more equal than others.
  14. S

And... :) Is ISO 50 actually that good? I thought I read that IQ suffered when using the expanded ISOs?
  15. S

Am I reading it correctly that 200 iso for the R5 has less DR than 400 iso? If so, That suits my studio shooting style beautifully! Anyone want to give me the Coles Notes version to explain that?
  16. S

Canon EOS R6 firmwave v1.5.0 changelog posted, download now available

I got my R5 the day they released the new firmware and with little to loose, I upgraded. It behaves for me, just like that video. And coming from an R, I'm speechless...
  17. S

Issues with the R5 1.5.0 firmware?

Have you had ‘Suppress Slow Fram Rate’ enables this whole time? The R5 advanced user guide says suppress slower frame rate may cause “Difficulty in Autofocusing”. (Pg. 277)
  18. S

Vehicle AF and more coming to the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6 in December firmware update

If you do that, you won’t have HSS, eTTL, etc... I reported this ‘feature’ as a bug to Canon, shortly after getting my EOS R. Taping the contacts made me nervous. I could see adhesive getting into the hotshoe, so I didn’t go that route. I cut a thin piece of plastic to the size of the hotshoe...
  19. S

Vehicle AF and more coming to the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6 in December firmware update

Please tell me exp.sim works with a flash in the hotshoe?!? With the EOS R as soon as anything sits in the hotshoe, the camera refuses to show exposure simulation and just shows a ‘basic’ exposure. For me, balancing LED lights, ambient light, and strobes, exposure simulation with a controller...
  20. S

Industry News: Sony officially announces the A7 IV and new flashes

I feel like Little Red Riding Hood. The R6 is too little. The R5 too much. And this would be absolutely, 100% perfect; if it were Canon.