Search results

1. J

Here Are Some Claimed Specifications For One of the Prototype Canon Full Frame Mirrorless Cameras [C

Re: Here Are Some Claimed Specifications For One of the Prototype Canon Full Frame Mirrorless Camera It doesn't matter what Canon does with this camera, I know it won't be compelling enough to upgrade/downgrade from a 5DSR. I am also happy to let all the first movers beta test the first gen for...
  2. J

Canon EF 50 Prime Ongoing Dire Need Confirmed

I haven't really been on here in the last year. Literally just popping in to see if there is any news on said 50 1.4 IS (sharp, fast, weather sealed). Really frustrating Canon... I'm glad to see ahsanford is keeping the torch lit!
  3. J

New DSLR Series Coming in 2018? [CR1]

5DSR replacement that competes more directly with the D850? Move the 5DIV more to the middle of the road "all rounder" position where it belongs. Mirrorless or not IDK. In this case, not a 1 series body.
  4. J

Stock Notice: Loupedeck Photo Editing Console for Lightroom 6 & CC

Regardless of price, I cannot fathom the usefulness of this product unless you are trying to edit from your couch.
  5. J

What is your Canon wish list ?

Canon is more likely to do neither than either or both ;D
  6. J

What is your Canon wish list ?

5DSR II in a 5 series body.
  7. J

5DSR II?

Thanks!
  8. J

5DSR II?

Well since it looks like a 5DSR 2 is at least 1.5 years away and I don't want to wait any longer on an upgrade... I got a 5DSR on order!!
  9. J

5DSR II?

Thank you for the replies. I'm sorry its been asked relatively recently, Ive been busy and inactive on here for a while, just lurking occasionally. I am definitely hopeful that a 5DSR II would have everything I'm looking for. A 5DSRII would hopefully have more than just a m-pix benefit over a...
  10. J

5DSR II?

A while back there was mention of a faster than normal replacement for the 5DSR. Is there any new info out there? Is it likely the "high end mirrorless" body will be the replacement? I am still trying to hold out on upgrading my 6D (60k shots and some hiccups recently) since the 5DIV and 6DII...
  11. J

Deal: 10% Off Refurbished Lenses at Canon Store

Anyone thinking the 16-35mm f4 IS will drop further in price on here soon? It's been this price point for 6+ months hasn't it? Maybe a year? I'm somewhat annoyed that the 100-400ii is now going for $175 less, the previous price point lasted less than a year and wasn't as big of a jump if I...
  12. J

Some Canon EOS 6D Mark II Talk [CR2]

Specs are just enough to tickle my fancy. 27-28 m-pix effective is about my cut off for considering it, less any moderate fps bump (Unlikely). Dual SD, tilt screen, DPAF, touch screen, etc were all expected but good to hear getting re-enforced as we get closer.
  13. J

Patent: Canon EF 600mm f/4 DO IS

It'll be a tough call between buying a car or a lens :)
  14. J

CIPA Camera Sales Data Released, Decline Continues

- smart phone cameras continue to improve - DSLRs are improving at a decreasing rate - decreasing desire to upgrade - used DSLR market is saturated - sales volume are decreasing which means increasing prices which further decreases sales volume. - etc nothing new to see here.
  15. J

6DII price tag and MP count rumor

24mpix would be pretty pitiful. Wasn't the last, more credible rumor, for 25-26 mpix? Either way, without a big fps and buffer boost, I'm not interested. I'm assuming a significant AF upgrade, of course.
  16. J

Lensrentals.com Puts the EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II Through Testing

Yeah at 24 and 70 it's better. Where is the 50mm comparison? Both of these lenses are "meh" for me. As a one lens, walk around solution, unfortunately, they are hard to beat. I just can't handle these boring focal lengths with boring max apertures.
  17. J

No New 50mm Lens Coming in 2017 [CR2]

If a 50 f1.4 IS and possibly a new f1.2 or f1.0 come out, do you think the current 50 f1.2 will drop in price in the used market? Or do you think it will pretty much maintain value with out a huge hit?
  18. J

MP-E 65mm - High Difficulty Level

I've never done "real" macro work with 1x+ mag but I think typically they do one of the following: 1) focus rails + focus stacking 2) the above + flash 3) handheld + flash In my limited experience I found flash was key in getting sharp handheld shots when shooting extremely close. Flash is...
  19. J

No New 50mm Lens Coming in 2017 [CR2]

*gets popcorn and waits for ahsanford* In all seriousness, this is a real bummer. The 50 updates are years later than a lot of people would have liked. Even more people are going to jump ship and try the sigma.
  20. J

Canon EF 85mm f/1.4L IS USM on the Way [CR3]

I think he might be mistaken. There may still be room for a f1.2, f1.4 IS and f1.8. But I'm skeptical that a f1.2 could sell at a higher price point than a f1.4 IS @ $1200-1600