Search results

1. Mr Majestyk

The Canon EOS R3 will eliminate “Lag” and “Blackout” for stills shooters

It would have been news if that wasn't the case. Of course blackout will be banished, but lag comes down to EVF refresh rate. The A9 has noticeable lag. If they put a low refresh rate even the stacked sensor won't help. I'm hoping it's a minimum of 120Hz at full res and that it's at least...
  2. Mr Majestyk

The specifications for the upcoming Nikon Z 9 leak out ahead of the official announcement

With 100-400 S, 200-600 and 400 f/2.8 S and 600 f/4 S incoming. No f/11 abominations as part of the line-up or f/7.1 either. Nikon will no doubt release the superteles with the Z9 and you must have missed the fact they already have 400/ f/2.8 and 600 f/4 and Canon's so-called RF versions are...
  3. Mr Majestyk

The specifications for the upcoming Nikon Z 9 leak out ahead of the official announcement

Yeah Canon's magical supply chains will mean they will readily available from the get go.
  4. Mr Majestyk

So it will come with overheating and lock ups too?
  5. Mr Majestyk

Z9 will probably have 18 months unchallenged before R1 makes an appearance. Specs looks fantastic and if it's $6K (which I doubt) that would be enough for me to entirely abandon Canon. I'm already commited to Sony and use a D500 but have a lot still of Canon glass still. Nikon won't be doing...
  6. Mr Majestyk

IBIS comparison: Canon EOS R5 vs Sony α1

Good to see the A1 has improved IBIS. My A7RIII is only good for about 2 stops. A1 is my next camera, but I am eagerly waiting to see how the R3 holds up even though it's pixel challenged.
  7. Mr Majestyk

Exclusive! DPReview confirms what has already been confirmed. The Canon EOS R3 will be 24mp

Taken way out of context. Most of those hung up on pixel count are birders, cropping is a fact of life even if you own 600 f/4. Already some of the best birders in the world are thrilled with the jump from 24MP to 50MP on their A1. Try and shoot small songbirds or shore waders where even with...
  8. Mr Majestyk

Exclusive! DPReview confirms what has already been confirmed. The Canon EOS R3 will be 24mp

1DX is 2012 tech, 18MP was fine back then. IMO it's not in any way desirable anymore andI say this as someone that loved my 1DX and had one for 5 years. As a birder, as soon as I saw the 5DIV was 30MP I eschewed 1DXII even though I knew I was giving up AF prowess and a lot of speed. R3 will no...
  9. Mr Majestyk

The Canon EOS R3 will be 24mp, confirmed by EXIF data

Personally gutted, Canon still incapable of offering decent resolution in a pro camera. I'm sure it will be fantastic camera, and if priced aggressively might be of interest but no doubt Canon will ask for more like A1 money than A9II money. Oh well, looks like I'll sell my A9 and A7RIII for...
  10. Mr Majestyk

Multiple mentions put the Canon EOS R3 sensor resolution “around 24mp”

For birders 30MP is still a useful improvement over 24MP, that amounts to 12% extra reach. Every bit helps. Let's not forget even 30MP would be disappointing, but palatable. R1 no one has a clue about sensor or res, and at least another 12 months away and no doubt $1.5K dearer or more. We...
  11. Mr Majestyk

He ain’t lying – THE BEST PRIME LENS. Period. by Peter McKinnon

Just the Canon equivalent of the Sony schill Patrick Murphy Racey.
  12. Mr Majestyk

There is still discussion internally at Canon about an APS-C EOS R camera

That would be nice, they are in plague proportions in Australia. The weapon of choice for those that can't drive it would seem.
  13. Mr Majestyk

There is still discussion internally at Canon about an APS-C EOS R camera

I hope they move to 1.5x crop sensor if they go to APS-C on RF mount. EF-S was always silly how they limited it's use unlike other makers with their DX lenses. Not sure why they think there wouldn't be a market for vastly more affordable APS-C cameras. EF-M is a sad joke and should be killed...
  14. Mr Majestyk

Gordon Laing reviews the two “new” Big White Lenses for the RF mount

Sorry, what exactly is new about them. They are nothing but EF lenses with the adapter glued on. I can't even see the point f releasing, them, the EF III lenses work the same with adapter. Priorities should have been on actually all new 300 f/2.8 and 500 f/4. The notion someone would be stupid...
  15. Mr Majestyk

Canon EOS R3 sensor resolution to be 45mp?

Well maybe they are holding certain features back. The over-hyping of 8K on the R5 bit them in the a$$. Maybe they wanted to be absolutely certain the R3 can record 8K all day without overheating, and if it can that would be a major feature to announce on the official reveal. A 45MP R3 is almost...
  16. Mr Majestyk

Here’s confirmation of the RF 100-400, RF 24 Macro and RF 18-45. Sadly, they’re quite delayed

Are you for real. Come to Australia where one retails for $2600 and the other $4900. In what unvierse do live in that the 100-500L rip-off replace a lens nearly half the price. I suppose the 500 f/4 renders the 400 f/5.6L obsolete. I wouldn't pay $4900 for the 100-500L if it were f/5.6.
  17. Mr Majestyk

Here’s confirmation of the RF 100-400, RF 24 Macro and RF 18-45. Sadly, they’re quite delayed

They can delay the 100-400 all they like, we don't need more rubbishly slow lenses. Yeah sure there will be a 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS, but when? If they released the slow and fast together I wouldn't have a problem. But still no fast supertele zooms on the radar.
  18. Mr Majestyk

Canon aiming for a $799 full-frame camera? [CR2]

That will go well paired with the bargain basement RF glass on offer. As for a cheap FF rendering APS-C redundant, in your dreams. You honestly think someone that would buy say a high perforamnce APS-C camera like a 7DII would accept a lowly crippled FF as their new mirrorless replacement tool...
  19. Mr Majestyk

SIGMA to announce a 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS | Sports soon

Sony 200-600 is 2.115kg, not 2.4kg get you facts right if you want to have a go at me. I consider 2.5kg the max I can comfortably handhold for an extended period based on my 300 f/2.8L IS. A zoom is about convenience for me. I use a zoom to scout out areas. Then I might go back with the 500 f/4...
  20. Mr Majestyk

SIGMA to announce a 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS | Sports soon

Come to Australia and see what price gouging means RF style. $4899 for 100-500L, $5.2K for 85L f/1.2, $3800+ for the holy trinity. RF lenses up about 30% or higher than their EF cousins.