Search results

1. D

Canon Software Solution Allows Select EOS Interchangeable Lens Cameras to Function as High-Quality USB Webcam

Thank you to all of you who reached out with ideas. Finally got this working. What was keeping it from working was having the WFT-E8A enabled. If that wireless network was enabled then USB doesn’t work. This puts any “webcam” to shame with sharpness, clarity and color. Multiple positive...
  2. D

Canon Software Solution Allows Select EOS Interchangeable Lens Cameras to Function as High-Quality USB Webcam

I checked and EOS Utility is not running. Also checked the computer settings to be sure there wasn’t some security setting that blocked “new” cameras - didn’t find anything that seemed amiss. Is there some special setting that should be done on the camera? I have only used the camera for stills...
  3. D

I still haven’t been able to get this to work on a win10 PC with a 1DXii. Tried using MS-Teams and Zoom and for both apps the EOS Webcam splash screen is all I see. Don’t have EOS Utility running or even installed, so I know that is not interfering. Using the canon cable that came with the...
  4. D

Lockdown Sunsets/The view from lockdown

Not a sunset (as this thread title indicates) but a backyard sunrise pic from this lockdown.
  5. D

Lockdown Sunsets/The view from lockdown

Very nice pics and great view!
  6. D

Potential Canon EOS R Mark II specifications [CR1]

I’ll be right in line for this camera after you
  7. D

Rumoured Canon EOS Rs Specifications [CR1]

As a landscape camera, outdoor use and winter use can be assumed, so the glove use of a joystick would be a definite plus.
  8. D

I assume from your comments that you don’t care about IBIS in this camera as you would be using the camera with a tripod. For landscapes typically I am on the tripod but there are a couple landscape tripod scenarios where I would like extra stabilization - when the tripod is on spongy ground...
  9. D

Torn on the idea of a bigger sensor. From a positive side I would love to capture more light but if I need to replace my lenses and filters to work with a larger sensor then I might consider a non-canon medium format instead.
  10. D

I would have loved to see the resolution even higher than 75 mp but with weather sealing and attention focused on DR this sounds like it will be my next camera for landscapes. Would love to have the resolution of a Phase 1 but refuse to pay those prices. Hopefully the ergonomics are good and...
  11. D

Shutter Count Software/Utility

Using a Mac I have used the app, ShutterCheck. This worked fine with an old 7D.
  12. D

Canon Third Quarter 2019 Financials

I too am waiting for a new high res camera. The 5DSr is a little too old to purchase at this point in time and a little too low on resolution I will be happy to help Canon out as soon as they bring out a new high res camera, hoping it is in the R series.
  13. D

Patent: Canon appears to be continuing development of EF mount optical formulas

I like the idea of the filter adapter but it only allows the use of a single filter. With my waterfall shots I frequently use both CPL and ND filters. So I am holding out for a higher resolution R body. In the meantime I finally broke down and got the NiSi filter system. Good quality but still...
  14. D

Patent: Canon appears to be continuing development of EF mount optical formulas

The 11-24 F4 is a great lens but the lack of screw on filter at a reasonable size make it challenging for hiking/landscape.
  15. D

EF 11-24 for the R Mount?

I have the 11-24 and it is a great lens. Like others have said the front element makes front filters very expensive and the new RF adapter and being able to use NDs easily is a great functionality that the R will bring. However there would still be the lack of being able to use more than a...
  16. D

The Emperor Bans Noisy Mirrors

I believe mirrorless will be the future, but the future for pro-grade is still a few years away. Sony may be an early player but early players don't always end up the long term players nor the long term market leaders. Sony has to keep making rapid changes to their product because there are too...
  17. D

Time for a playful topic! What's in your two lens bag?

When I do lighten the bag for a 2 lens carry I usually end up carrying one of these two configurations 24-70 f2.8 70-200 f2.8 OR 11-24 f4 24-70 f2.8
  18. D

Flowers and other Flora

A couple of snaps from the yard Not sure how to make these appear smaller on the screen.
  19. D

silky waterfalls

I agree that you need to spend time trying different settings to obtain the look you like. In addition to the common photo variables (composition, lighting, ISO, aperture, shutter speed) each individual waterfall will have its own unique challenges due to the amount of water flow in correlation...
  20. D

Adobe Creative Apps Go Cloud Only

Re: Adobe Software Goes Cloud Only Looks like I will be sticking with my current version of Lightroom as long as it will continue to work... Not a fan of the subscription model