Search results

1. R

Patent: Canon RF 135mm f/1.4L DS USM optical formula

And since Sony is the principal shareholder they do indeed have to keep Sony happy.
  2. R

Patent: Canon RF 135mm f/1.4L DS USM optical formula

I really agree with this. but I'd like to see an RF 50-150 f/2-2.8. As long as Sony is Tamron's principal stockholder, I think it's going to be a while before we see Tamron making any RF glass especially as they have to keep Sony happy.
  3. R

The Canon EOS R3 is out in the wild

The name of the site is Canon Rumors. I've never seen a legitimate photographer shoot a wedding professionally with an IPhone. The RP is not much bigger than the M series and it's only a matter of time before the rebel line is replaced by smaller R series bodies. Physics dictates the size of...
  4. R

A new Canon ILC has hit certification

I've a feeling you are going to be greatly disappointed.
  5. R

A new Canon ILC has hit certification

Honestly, with the rush to discontinue EF lenses left and right do you really think a 5Dv is likely?
  6. R

An update on the Canon 2021 roadmap [CR2]

There's growing uncertainty among the US Olympic Coaching community if the 2020(1) games are even going to be held now. It's possible that the next games will be 2024.
  7. R

An APS-C RF mount prototype is currently in the wild [CR2]

I don't think I'd count on the M line being developed much further. Yes, I know it's a good selling system for Canon, but looking at the RF lens roadmap one lens pops out at me as a screamer for crop sensor bodies..... Canon RF 18-45mm f/4-5.6 IS STM
  8. R

An APS-C RF mount prototype is currently in the wild [CR2]

After the R7 is released what makes you think the Rebel line won't convert to mirrorless as well?
  9. R

Patent: Canon RF 35-135mm f/2.8 and other fast zoom lenses

I'd much rather see a 50-135mm f/2
  10. R

This is the Canon RF lens roadmap

My thoughts are.... R7 kit lens
  11. R

Firmware: Canon EOS 5D Mark IV v1.3.0

Having seen the rumored roadmap of RF lenses for the next 12 to 24 months that was published on this very website.... do you really think a new 5D is even remotely on the horizon?
  12. R

Rumors are slow, let’s talk RF lens wish lists

I'd love a 50-135mm f/2.8 IS (f/2 would be a dream)
  13. R

There will not be an EOS 5D Mark V [CR2]

I stand by my statement. The market is bigger than just Canon. The overall market is pushing the industry to mirrorless bodies. Canon follows the industry or falls behind. They aren't going to fall behind so they produced the best product. Nikon and Sony's lenses do not even touch the new RF glass.
  14. R

There will not be an EOS 5D Mark V [CR2]

The market made the decision.
  15. R

Here is the Canon EOS R6

Was there ever solid confirmation that the R6 was a 20mp body? Or, did someone claim it was and everyone ran with that?
  16. R

There are still surprises in store for the Canon EOS R5 announcement [CR2]

It's only my opinion, but I think you already have the last 5D DSLR in your hands. If the R5 lives up to its hype and still has unannounced surprises in store the 5DV will never come to market.
  17. R

Canon EOS R5 launch price will be below $4000 USD [CR3]

I expect it will be just fine for sports. I've had no problems, and neither have many others, using the 5D3 and 5D4 for sports. It's more about knowing how and when to shoot rather than spraying and praying.
  18. R

Major Canon announcements coming in June & July [CR3]

I'm also in agreement with you. It's simply an opinion but it's my opinion. I don't think there will be another 5D version release. At the end of the film age people clamored for digital, while a few diehards held onto film. Now for a number of years people clamored for Canon to go...
  19. R

Canon EOS R5 pricing is still unknown, don’t believe the reports [CR0]

Never ever get a first batch product. Wait for the kinks to be worked out in the second batch.
  20. R

Peak Design Donates 100% of Profits From its 4-Day Travel Tripod Launch for COVID-19 Response and Combating Climate Change

Having participated in the Capture kickstart I was intrigued by the idea of it being small and versatile. Upon receipt I used it for several weeks with a 5D3 and 70-200mm kit. Never really trusted it to securely hold the plate in the capture clip. It needed design changes. Then the V2 kickstart...