Search results

1. T

SIGMA again announces EF-M lenses, and mount conversion service

Anyone have an opinion of the Sigma 56mm F 1.4 vs a Canon EF 50mm F 1.4 with the EF to EF-M adaptor? The Sigma is $479 new. The Canon is $150-$250 used and $349 new so I'm leaning towards getting a used one.
  2. T

Canon R experience

I don’t see much reason to have both camera systems though I’d guess this is what Canon wants by differentiating both the RF and EF body and lenses. Imagine a pretty full RF line of lenses with all the current EF lenses you own or want available. Three new R bodies, 5Dsr.5, 7D Mark II.5, 5D Mark...
  3. T

Canon R experience

WHY I SOLD: Lack of RF lenses – This will of course be fixed in the future, but in June 2019 the lenses that I would want to buy are not available in the RF mount. The currently available fast, large, heavy, pricey primes and zooms are great but don't interest me. I use the EF- L 24-70 f/4 and...
  4. T

Canon R experience

The is my experience shooting the Canon R for 4 months. It is not an in-depth review checking every feature. I shot very little video with it so video won't be in this discussion. I love Canon’s APS-C M cameras and Full Frame DSLRs and have owned and used almost all current models including M3...
  5. T

My EOS R experience

This is my Canon EOS R review. This is not a detailed review, but a detailed account of my experience shooting with the R over 4 months. While the R had some good qualities I was generally disappointed with the User Interface, durability, and exposure inconsistencies ultimately leading me to...
  6. T

Went back to using a 5D MkIV after 6 months of the EOS R... It feels antiquated

I used an EOS R for 4 months. I didn't like it and sold it. Anyone else come to the same conclusion? I went back to a 6D Mark II for full frame and my M3 and M50 for travel and hiking. Here's my more in depth discussion of the EOS R: https://canonmcameras.wordpress.com/eos-r/
  7. T

GoPro Inc. For Sale Per Report

Go Pro as a company is a mess. The 2016 Karma drone fell out of the sky. Their 2017 Karma was better, but it too was heavy and it didn't have ANY sensors! Basically it was 2-3 years behind the competition. The Session series of cameras has TERRIBLE wind noise. Nothing can fix that. It's just a...
  8. T

Capture High-Quality Action Shots and Video From Afar with the New Canon EF 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 IS II

Re: Capture High-Quality Action Shots and Video From Afar with the New Canon EF 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 I I like the read out on the little window but what would be far more helpful is if I saw this info on the LCD of my M3. Seems that they could do this pretty easily.
  9. T

More Canon EOS M5 Specifications Emerge

Yes, just checked and it was set to Auto. I didn't think that would impact shooting RAW only, but I guess it does. Thanks.
  10. T

More Canon EOS M5 Specifications Emerge

I love the M3 and use it all the time. My main complaints with it are no wired shutter release/remote port and the slow AF and shot to shot times. The work around for no shutter release remote port is to use the RC-6 which can also function as a bulb open and close. The slow AF and shot to shot...
  11. T

There's More to a Camera System Than Just the Gear

I agree. Customer service is an often overlooked criteria when choosing a camera system. Customer service is a difficult thing to quantify like FPS, Megapixels, Dynamic Range, or AF points. In the early 90's I had several problems with Nikon service in Torrance, Ca. They wouldn't fix an...