Search results

1. Labdoc

Which big white for wildlife

Unpopular answer, Sigma 150-600. I have the 400, the 200-400 and they stay on the shelf. You will need the reach for wildlife and anything over 400 in Canon is very expensive. I have sold many pics using this lens and unless you pixel peep quality is excellent. Comparison to the canon equivalent...
  2. Labdoc

EOS R5 and CP+ and COVID-19

Why keep the megapixels secret when you already announced a long list of features?
  3. Labdoc

Here is the Canon EOS R5, official development announcement soon.

Thanks missed that on my 5d4. But the fingers cover it, somehow Canon makes it work.
  4. Labdoc

Here is the Canon EOS R5, official development announcement soon.

What could the button? in the middle of the grip be? is that a button?
  5. Labdoc

RF 35mm f/1.8 Macro IS STM

This isn't an L lens but it does a good job and on this camera makes for a small package. These were shot with a Canon RP, low light, high ISO and puppies that wouldn't stay still.
  6. Labdoc

Skylum officially launches Luminar 4

I had it crash once on me. The sky replacement works better than I expected.
  7. Labdoc

How lossy is C-RAW?

https://www.dpreview.com/articles/0483301097/quick-look-canons-new-compressed-raw-format
  8. Labdoc

How often to clean dust from the front element of the lens?

I use clear filters, usually B+W XS-Pro Nano-coated (007M). No need for UV on digital cameras. Work well for me, get scratched, so I figure they do protect the lens.
  9. Labdoc

Printing Panoramas: What are the typical sizes? And other questions....

300 DPI, I like to print print on aluminum or acrylic. Comes with choice of mount. I use artbeatstudios, many others do similar quality work. I have a lot done there and after so many dollars spent, they give a discount and their facebook page shows sales all the time. Used bayphoto and...
  10. Labdoc

Does Lightroom 6.0 Support the R and RP cameras ?

Yeah, RAW, camera profiles and lens data is constantly updated for each new camera release on subscription. Might take a few weeks or longer after product release. The way around is to to use another RAW converter like the one Canon provides and bring those files (tif, etc) into LR. I have no...
  11. Labdoc

HELP!! Canon utility stopped recognising my cameras

In the camera wifi connection settings don't use what is already saved there for your network, log in again like the first time, step by step.
  12. Labdoc

HELP!! Canon utility stopped recognising my cameras

Would happen to me often after a win 10 update. Usually the following worked to fix it. 1. Abandon the camera settings for logging in and re-enter them. 2. If that doesn't work right click on the Eos utility icon and run "Trouble shoot Compatibility". I stopped using the wifi to transfer pics...
  13. Labdoc

The impact of Large Sensor Super-Smartphones on Low-end to Mid-range Photography

Don't see expensive fat phones being popular. Attachable modules, attached directly or apart via wireless. You could do more than a camera attachment with such a system. Another idea, reflector lens design like that used in telescopes to get around the physics problem.
  14. Labdoc

Firmware: Canon EOS RP v1.3.0

This is true or are you joking?
  15. Labdoc

Firmware: Canon EOS RP v1.3.0

Meh, They could let you use the silent shutter outside quiet mode. Would really make the RP better. Need this anyway for the new lens that's coming.
  16. Labdoc

Portrait of your "Best friend"

Eloise.
  17. Labdoc

Adobe Reports Record Q2 Revenue

Yes, with 32 GB ram and 6GB on the video card. I ran the WIN 10 compatibility program and it suggested running in WIN 8 simulation which sped things up dramatically. Leaving it there for now.
  18. Labdoc

Adobe testing a new price point for the Creative Cloud Photography Plan

Price is still $9.99 https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom/compare-plans.html?promoid=VKW3KGR6&mv=other
  19. Labdoc

Post-processing for stock photo submission

No, just go to the site, make an account and submit some pics for review.
  20. Labdoc

Camera Standard profile for EOS RP in Lightroom Classic

Saw the same thing, no profile for the RP. I used the Adobe versions for now.