Search results

1. T

Zhong Yi Optics officially announces the Mitakon 200mm F/4 APO Macro Lens

Let's hope the attention was paid to image quality as aesthetics and design didn't look to be a priority
  2. T

SmallRig announces LP-E6NH battery for Canon, priced at $39.99 USD.

$10 shipping is definitely less than ideal for such a small item.
  3. T

It’s here, Canon RF 100-300mm f/2.8L IS USM officially announced

DPReview surprisingly quiet about this announcement . . .
  4. T

The state of third-party lenses for the RF mount, Canon may be involved

Sigma & Tamron make some unique multi-purpose lenses that appeal to hobbyists and those new to mirrorless that I doubt Canon will ever bother with. Such as the recent Tamron 50-400, 18-300 and more. Canon still captures the sale of the camera body with hope that the user can eventually move up...
  5. T

Lexar announces the Gold Series CFexpress Type A cards, the world’s fastest

And to capture a commission on any purchases!
  6. T

Refurbished RF 24-70 f/2.8L IS, RF 50 f/1.2L & RF 70-200 f/2.8L IS in stock

Interesting that Canon is no longer offering the additional 15% discounts on these. When I purchased these same lenses in December, Canon was discounted them an additional $670. FWIW - Both lenses were in immaculate condition. Only the original box was missing.
  7. T

The Canon USA Store restocks select refurbished RF lenses

Interesting that they no longer offer the additional 15% discount on these that they ran in December. I ordered the RF 24-70 and RF70-200 and saved nearly $800 from my order at B&H that was also waiting on stock. My only disappointment was that Canon took nearly a month, 18 business days, to...
  8. T

Canon Celebrates Significant Milestone with Production of 150 Million Interchangeable RF And EF Lenses

They could sell a lot more if they could catch up to the RF100-500 backlog!
  9. T

Industry News: Sony announces their new flagship camera, the alpha a1

Definitely makes me feel good about my R5 and its price point. SAR definitely had many of the specs nailed but certainly not the cost of the Sony R1. The consensus was putting this at $4999.
  10. T

Canon USA has updated their refurbished inventory, included select RF lenses

Interesting that Canon is no longer offering the incremental 15% discount on these. I picked up the RF 70-200 in December for $2065 + tax with free expedited shipping.
  11. T

Canon launches their Black Friday deals on RF lenses and the EOS R and EOS RP

Wow, Canon slashing prices 4% - 7% on that RF gear!
  12. T

Save up to $200 on Canon RF mount lenses this month

This promo is now about a week old, time to pull the feature off of the main page.
  13. T

Skylum aims to reinvent traditional photo editing, announces LuminarAI

I now get the fact that this is a completely separate product, aimed at convenience for the user. But confused that it would be priced comparable with Luminar. Is LuminarAI the next version of Luminar 4? LuminarAI is a brand new product. It is not an upgrade to Luminar 4. LuminarAI is an...
  14. T

Industry News: Panasonic S5 specifications leak ahead of an official announcement

I see Spell Check took more than the weekend off!
  15. T

Industry News: Sony Introduces the High-resolution A7R IV with World’s First 61.0 MP Back-illuminated, Full-frame Image Sensor

I don't think these bi-annual Sony PR bursts will sway the majority of Canon users but do believe they will have a material impact on Nikon. It is crickets over in their forums.
  16. T

Industry News: Sony Introduces the High-resolution A7R IV with World’s First 61.0 MP Back-illuminated, Full-frame Image Sensor

Canon said they would be the most aggressive camera company in terms of mirror-less development, but Sony certainly isn't taking a wait and see mode. Hopefully the new Canon RF models will be sooner than 2020
  17. T

Ended: This is the last day to save on the revolutionary Peak Design Travel Tripod

Clearly Peak Design needs more attention to this Kickstarter effort . . .
  18. T

Kickstarter: Peak Design Unveils The Next Generation of Camera Tripods

I backed this to compare to my 10 year old Gitzo 1541 carbon fiber model. I definitely like to compactness of the Peak Design model but want to test out the stability as others have brought up. If nothing else, I can still sell it for what I paid for it which I was able to do on a previous...
  19. T

Camera Manufacturer Posturing Ahead of Announcements

I find it amusing to see all of the communications from Canon, Nikon and Sony in advance of their fall announcements. Canon is #1 in mirrorless, Sony claims number one in full frame, Nikon #1 in fixed lens cameras and DSLR loyalty . . . Every one claiming a top spot in one category or country!