Search results

1. S

What’s next for the Canon Cinema EOS line

trying to to tie a follow focus motor to a ultrasonic rangefinder has been done with varying degress of sucess. maybe good enough for T2.8 ot 4.0 with S35mm film, but not good enough for 4K+ and wide open. There is zero reason we can't have focus motors in cine lenses. Sure they would have to be...
  2. S

Canon Cinema EOS C300 Mark III appears in Canon’s product lineup

the camera canon should of released 4 years ago especially when they were showing 8K in a C300-2 size body. Not putting an RF mount on it is dumb. Canon already has an EF->RF adapter and could simply include that with camera. They could even offer a PL->RF adapter as well. canon - the company...
  3. S

Here’s a list of rumoured and predicted cameras coming from Canon in the next year

I gave up on Canon and moved on. Canon doesn't get it, and simply wants to give the market what canon wants, when they want to. While I'm quite happy with my C300-2, I sold off my still camera bodies and moved to Fuji XT3. Totally and utterly don't care about or per se like using "full frame"...
  4. S

Canon, Canon Canon….. Please help the video stars

Dear Canon, I've spent a healthy 5 figures with your company over several decades from an A1 + FD glass, EOS-1 + EF glass, Several D series digital bodies and several C series cameras including a C300 mk2. Do you know what I think of your EOS R line ? I just bought a FujiFilm XT3 because it...
  5. S

Canon thinks the camera market will drop by another 50% over the next two years

the C EOS are NOT clunky at all. In fact RED copies canon in having a big grip on the right side of the camera, as did Sony with the FS5. C EOS is a very compact and light body compared to the past - RED ONE ( an 11lb aluminum brick with a lens port ), F16, F35, etc. FS7 is a bigger camera. Go...
  6. S

Canon Cinema EOS C300 Mark III Coming in the Spring? [CR1]

these specs would be right in line. consistent with 8K camera in C300 body canon showed over a year ago. so likely more like 8K sensor -> recording 6K image. tired of the over pricing though :( S
  7. S

Deal: Sigma's Black Friday Deals Start Today

$100 ? really ? thats not even 5% on most of this glass...
  8. S

Firmware: Canon EOS 5D Mark IV 1.02

Ok, is there a buried secret "feature" = it kills Magic Lantern from running ? S
  9. S

Canon Cinema EOS C300 Mark II Exhibits Black Hole Sun Phenomenon

here is my c300 mk2 test. its very faint. I'm looking at LED 150W fresnel and its slight in the ungraded image, but in grading goes away. nothing like in the other test. note I've loaded the new firmware 1.0.3 that was release a day ago https://youtu.be/YW_AtZ1FqzA