Search results

1. I

What are the odds of an R8 at this point?

Maybe to you it does. Firstly, ergonomics and body are two different things. The rear button layout of the R5 and R6 is nearly identical, however they are different bodies. That's what I'm referring to by ergonomics more of the button placement on the rear of the camera the wheel and the...
  2. I

What are the odds of an R8 at this point?

This is something I've been wondering about myself. I'd like to see a stills/portrait/landscape focused body with a couple modest improvements the R. A sensor that isn't 6 years old and ergonomics that match the R5. I think there would be a decent market for such a body. The R8 rumor seemed odd...
  3. I

Canon officially discontinues a lot more EF lenses

I guess everyone's mileage varies. I personally haven't seen the dramatic EF bargains of half-off that some are claiming to have saved versus new. Not saying that hasn't happened but where I live the private party second hand market has been good to me as a seller. I recently decided to sell my...
  4. I

Review: Canon RF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM by CameraLabs

Agreed, but if they had their druthers?
  5. I

I didn't say those photogs wouldn't use smaller apertures, just said they'd probably buy the 2.8. And after reading this anecdote, it appears you've confirmed my suspicions. Especially the part where you say "my 70-200 2.8" ;)
  6. I

I like the review, but..... What portrait and/or event photog is going to opt for f4 over f2.8? Not many I imagine.
  7. I

Canon Japan shows off Canon’s 8K Cinema EOS camera coming in 2021

Bombing every thread with a "_____ is doomed!" reply....is doomed
  8. I

This is the Canon RF lens roadmap

Most anticipated of this list for me would be the 14-35 f4 IS. Biggest question in my mind is price and color of the 100-400 with the 7.1 at the long end, I think it's reasonable to debate whether or not that'll be a "L" lens. Either way though I'd hope to see a modest price tag.
  9. I

Review: Canon EOS R6 by DPReview

Yeah Oly fans aren't in abundance, that wasn't what I meant. Canon fan traffic could help offset whatever Oly was clearly paying them to pimp their gear. Nobody pimped Olympus quite like DPReview in my opinion.
  10. I

Review: Canon EOS R6 by DPReview

Or perhaps with the news about Olympus going under they need to capture more Canon fans attention. Self-preservation is a powerful thing. ;)
  11. I

R5 Mark II

Being that the R5 has been available for pre-order for some 9000 seconds already...it's time to start thinking about the future, so what are you hoping to see in an R5 Mark II?
  12. I

Here are some new lens images and early pricing

100-500 will be DOA at that price. Expect the price drops sooner than later on that one.
  13. I

Industry News: Olympus to sell imaging business by the end of the year

Guys at DPReview must be losing their minds
  14. I

The exact announcement date for the Canon EOS R5 is still unknown

R5 & R6 will both be announced at the same time so this rumor technically applies to the R6 as well ;) https://www.canonrumors.com/the-canon-eos-r5-and-eos-r6-will-be-announced-in-the-first-few-days-of-july/
  15. I

Canon EOS R5 pricing in Europe may have leaked [CR2]

If you want to extrapolate from the 5D4 , that would be $3799 ($3813) for the US market MSRP.
  16. I

Patent: Canon RF 120-700mm f/4.5-8 optical formula

Fair enough...I didn't recall seeing these before. All those are about a year old so it's not like the RF tele primes have some hot rumors attached. So let me ask you this....over/under June 2022 for the R1?
  17. I

Patent: Canon RF 120-700mm f/4.5-8 optical formula

This is more about the teles that we haven't seen...still no big white patent or rumors for the RF yet (if memory serves). So... Conclusions: R1 is still a ways away EF still has a bit of shelf life left before total R takeover