Search results

1. T

Canon RF 200-500mm f/4L IS USM update [CR2]

Other than the convenience of the RF mount, I cannot understand the development of this lens. With the EF 200-400, I already have the zoom flexibility of 200-560mm, with the loss of one F stop. Not including a 1.4X in this new lens is a complete deal breaker, at any price. Conversely I applaud...
  2. T

Canon RF 200-500mm f/4L IS USM confirmed, likely in Q4 [CR3]

As a veteran of 40 years shooting sports professionally, I agree with these calculations. However, remember all sports shooters want to shoot "jest a lettle bit wide" so they don't miss outstretched hands, the racquet, the ball, etc. knowing they, or their editors, will crop in post. The number...
  3. T

It’s here, Canon RF 100-300mm f/2.8L IS USM officially announced

Your scenario of using a 300 2.8, with 1.4X and 2.0X converters in your pocket/fanny pack tells me that you would really enjoy using Canon's 200-400mm F4 zoom with built in 1.4X. The speed you will gain, plus no more chance of dust getting in every time you add or remove a TC will help...
  4. T

The Canon 600mm F4.0 weighs 7 lb. The Nikon 300mm F2.0 weighed 17 lb. Can we get a video of someone hand holding it ? :unsure:
  5. T

Just looked at your site, and you have excellent work. I especially appreciated your opening image from turn one at Sebring at dusk. I was the track photographer for the 12 hour race in 2016, and I know that image is so important. I am curious about your usage of a CPL filter with cars...
  6. T

Canon EOS R8 will likely be available in late April

Porsche "used to make only a few cars models". There are now twenty three variations of the iconic 911, then there are several variations each of the Macan, Cayenne, Panamera, Cayman, Boxster, and Taycan. Perhaps Audi owners should own Canon cameras. They make the R8, RS3, RS5, RS7 :ROFLMAO:
  7. T

200mm F1.8 Needs Service

Royal Camera Service of Hanover Park, IL has informed me they cannot service this lens and cannot get parts :(
  8. T

200mm F1.8 Needs Service

Looking for a reliable, experienced resource in the USA to service my Canon EF 200mm F1.8 L lens. Canon Pro Services will no longer provide service. Thank you.
  9. T

Canon patents optical formula for an RF 200-500mm f/4L IS 1.4x

Nikon has been pushing the RF sports lens theater with the introduction of the 120-300 F2.8 for indoor work, and the super light 400 2.8 with built in 1.4X. As an owner of the Canon 200-400, 600 F4, and the RF 100-500mm. I have found the new 100-500mm to be a terrific alternative to its much...
  10. T

Canon RF 800mm f/5.6L IS USM and Canon RF 1200mm f/8L IS USM coming soon?

If these monster lenses are in development, prototypes should be in use at the winter olympics right now.
  11. T

Here are more images of the Canon EOS R3

Any mention of file capture size ? Also Canon is famous for changing data cards with every new model: compact flash > CFast > CF Express, etc. Hope they stay where they are. My desk is already cluttered with card readers !
  12. T

Gear of Yesteryear: DPReviewTV reviews the Canon EF 200mm f/1.8L USM

I purchased this lens about 20 years ago. It is still in good working order, except I have had to replace screws that hold the shade in place. My primary use is basketball, and other indoor sports. Never had a case, as I bought it used on eBay. One historical note: My understanding is that this...
  13. T

Industry News: Here’s the Leica Q2

This is great news that will propel the SL2 into production. Hopefully there will be several ergonomic changes to the camera as well. Most interesting will be the EV range of this new chip as compared to the Sony AR7III and others.
  14. T

When I go on safari, what’s in my camera bag?

Most group excursions will seat 5-7 people in a Rover, unless you go the expense of a private drive. The guide and driver, (plus tracker) will do the best they can to accommodate all, but not everyone will get the best angle. Also back of the Rover is often higher than the front, but the ride...
  15. T

We all marvel (and rightfully so) at the magnificent images of wildlife that have come from folks in the right place/at the right time/with the right equipment. For those of you that have not been to Southern Africa, please keep in mind that your subject matter has complete mobility and...
  16. T

As much as I am a Canon fan, I have 3 Leicas, as the quality of the glass is incredible. My SL 16-35 was the 1st one sold in the US, and I use it extensively for landscape work, hand held only. My HDR tripod mounted cameras are a 5D MKIV and the Canon 5Ds. Actually the SL has not been to Africa...
  17. T

I have been on three safaris to Southern Africa, the last one private, and all with the same guide, who is phenomenal. I have had six of my images published by Nat Geo. My recommendation IS the 200-400 with built in 1.4X for ONE simple reason: DUST. Prior to leaving, I mount one lens on one...
  18. T

CR in Rwanda With The Canon EOS-1D X Mark II

Re: CR in Rwanda With The EOS-1D X Mark II Will be making our third shoot in Botswana and South Africa next month. Canon 1D MKIV was my primary body on the last shoot in 2009 with 300 2.8 & 1.4X mounted, being the longest I could hand hold without a stick. This next shoot will involve the 1Dx...