Search results

1. H

Apple Rumour about Canon or On Semiconductor supplied one inch RGB image sensors for upcoming iPhones

My European electronics engineering sources have recently told me about Canon Singapore sources showing off an internal document about the current iPhone sensor of 7.01 x 5.79 mm being replaced with a Canon or On Semiconductor manufactured RGB imager and lens-assembly. A set of 64 Megapixel one...
  2. H

Smartphone Cameras Will Be Superior to SLRs by 2024, Says Sony CEO

On Tuesday, September 12, 2023, Apple will be introducing their 48 megapixel iPhone Max/Pro series of super-smartphones that pretty much have everything but the kitchen sink in them photography-wise! Wide angle and telephoto lenses, near-nightvision modes, high-end computational photography...
  3. H

Canon continues its dominant hold on global market share for digital cameras

True Pros need even HIGHER END GEAR such as 200+ Megapixel DSLR-style cameras with much larger 70 mm sensors, 64-bit RGBA colour and higher-end lenses. at $3000 to $10,000+ USD only the TRUE PROS will get that gear! Anything less than $3000 will be taken over by Supersmartphones with 1.3 inch...
  4. H

BRAVO! VERY WELL DONE REPLY !!! Everyone of your points is both salient AND going to be very true within less than two years! Apple's September 12, 2023 Special Event (This post is written on Sept 7, 2023) will LIKELY showcase software updates to the iPhones plus new pro-level desktop and...
  5. H

Interesting that you mention Apple! --- My electrical engineer rumour mill sources tell me that Apple is about to encroach into the cinema production/consumer video and still photo camera territories of Sony and Canon some time within two years! Evidently, Apple may be introducing THICKER...
  6. H

The impact of Large Sensor Super-Smartphones on Low-end to Mid-range Photography

And I thought I WAS A BAD BOY snarky poster! --- Oh well !!! Meh! Photos are for PERSONAL ENJOYMENT! We don't all have to be Ansel Adams taking sweeping wide landscape shots of the Midwest Skies during a Thunderstorm! To me, I would rather NOT HAVE TO TAKE 12+ lbs of camera and lens gear with...
  7. H

Smartphone Cameras Will Be Superior to SLRs by 2024, Says Sony CEO

I"M BAAAACK !!!!! --- Wasn't I correct though? --- i.e. About Large sensor 50+ megapixel phones coming out! I have a 102 Megapixel Smartphone in my hand RIGHT NOW! It uses a greater than 1 inch sensor and is a bit large BUT it works in 2023! I also saw at an industry tradeshow in May 2023 a...
  8. H

Canon EOS R5 Mark II Specification make the rounds

Cough! Cough! See my many previous prognostications in past posts on CanonRumors! Me thinks I was right (Eventually!) as to what my many worldwide engineering sources were sending me about Canon's future plans for 50+ Megapixel and 60+ fps 4K/8K camera systems! If a remember correctly, I was...
  9. H

The impact of Large Sensor Super-Smartphones on Low-end to Mid-range Photography

Technically, you are correct due to my inclusion of the backslash character it SHOULD BE kWh (1500 of them in the case of our parent company's Aluminum -Sulfur battery system). I did the 1.5 Megawatt-Hour capacity as merely an order of magnitude simplification. The Ford F150 Lightning all-EV...
  10. H

Breaking Rumor from Apple and Sony (June 13, 2023) about rebadged Sony A7-Sx high-resolution/low-light series camera

Nope! I'm fully human .... AND at least ONE of my prognostications over the last 8 years or so HAS BEEN ACCURATE, especially when I showcased a PDF brochure file originally seen and displayed at Northlight Images UK was brought over to CanonRumors about the Canon C700x camera WHICH EVENTUALLY...
  11. H

Breaking Rumor from Apple and Sony (June 13, 2023) about rebadged Sony A7-Sx high-resolution/low-light series camera

That's "Transdimensional Engineering" ... if you want to watch the explanation: Which Box is Bigger! That said, it IS possible to make a 5 to 5000 mm lens using a combination of movable photosite microlenses and LAYERED ACTIVE DEFORMATION polymer lense elements! The company I work for is...
  12. H

This post is regarding the Memorandum of Understanding sent between Apple and Sony which is TYPICAL of such large size companies. The MOU does NOT legally bind either party to an actual contract BUT does allow for access to specific intellectual property which allows both parties to evaluate...
  13. H

BREAKING RUMOR NEWS (June 13, 2023): Apple has asked Sony via an MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) to explore an option to rebadge a Sony A7-S5 (or other future A7-Sx-number camera model) containing a high-resolution/low-light capable Exmor sensor at 120 megapixels that comes WITH PIXEL SHIFT...
  14. H

Nope! We are not that one! We are CONSIDERABLY LARGER than that company in Kelowna --- NCA (North Canadian Aerospace) is a PSEUDONYM for a large aerospace company that you have NEVER HEARD OF and is completely under the radar of the public eye! We do have considerable assets that compete very...
  15. H

Actually, YES! we have been holding out on you! As you have seen in the last three years since I wrote my post there are NOW 2/3rds inch sensor smartphones just coming out in 2022/2023 and YES Sony AND Canon have recently separately patented ASPHERICAL micro-lens techniques upon each photosite...
  16. H

Canon Cinema EOS Cameras Coming in 2023 [CR3]

Global Shutter image sensor are more for Super-Smartphones than DSLR-type cameras. The NEXT BIG THING will be putting a 120+ megapixel APS-C sensor on a smartphone using asymmetrically-shaped compound-curve microlenses put over each photosite so that the sensor focal plane can actually FIT...
  17. H

This is ONE REASON WHY Apple is looking at buying a chip making company that has mass RAM/non-volatile memory design and manufacturing capacity! A 4096 pixels long by 2160 pixels wide by 2160 pixels high (i.e. 1:89:1 Cinema Production Aspect Ratio) 3D Volumetric display would require...
  18. H

P.S. The FIRST clue of new developments is if you see at the NEXT worldwide Apple Developers conference a 3D metal and plastics-oriented printing API and/or a 3D Volumetric DIsplay API (Application Programming Interface) built into the base Apple operating systems. Once you see those in the...
  19. H

Actually, NUMEROUS friends who work at finance and insurance firms such as Goldman Sachs, Citigroup, Deutche RE, etc. have told me that Apple is ITCHING and preparing numerous reports on which companies to buy outright in order to support NEW AREAS of growth. The FIRST company that is considered...
  20. H

While it's been a while since I've been on CanonRumors, I'm still lurking around and can pontificate that Canon looks DEEPLY at companies it wants to buy but I currently don't see them buying Red. HOWEVER, as per long-past previous posts, I DEFINITELY SEE APPLE looking REALLY HARD at outright...