Search results

1. H

12:20 am Pacific-Time - May 7, 2024 -- Insane Rumour About Sony Merging With Microsoft!

Now this is from a Washington State (i.e. Home of Microsoft!) rumour source where Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella has FORMALLY made an outreach to Sony CEO Kenichiro Yoshida about Microsoft and Sony MERGING into some sort of Electronics super-company. One of the X-Box OR Playstation divisions WILL...
  2. H

Sony Outreach to Sigma About Buying Foveon Technology and super-lightweight OEM lenses!

Another tasty tidbit from my European AND Singapore Electronics Engineering Sources is about a recent executive shakeup at Sony headquarters after Apple threatened to take their imaging sensor business to ON Semiconductor OR Canon! Sony executives are VERY VERY CONCERNED that they could lose...
  3. H

Apple Rumour about Canon or On Semiconductor supplied one inch RGB image sensors for upcoming iPhones

My European electronics engineering sources have recently told me about Canon Singapore sources showing off an internal document about the current iPhone sensor of 7.01 x 5.79 mm being replaced with a Canon or On Semiconductor manufactured RGB imager and lens-assembly. A set of 64 Megapixel one...
  4. H

Breaking Rumor from Apple and Sony (June 13, 2023) about rebadged Sony A7-Sx high-resolution/low-light series camera

BREAKING RUMOR NEWS (June 13, 2023): Apple has asked Sony via an MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) to explore an option to rebadge a Sony A7-S5 (or other future A7-Sx-number camera model) containing a high-resolution/low-light capable Exmor sensor at 120 megapixels that comes WITH PIXEL SHIFT...
  5. H

Sapphire Coated Optical Grade Acrylic Prime Lenses at T1.0 to T2.0

High-end Fluorite Glass typically used in premium-quality prime and zoom lenses have a Refractive Index of 1.434 while pure optical grade acrylic is 1.495. A lens coating such as Sapphire has a refractive index of 1.76 (i.e. refractive index = how much does light "bend" away from a given...
  6. H

Open Source 16K Camera with Multi-Sensor Rotating Assembly And Ultra-Fast Acrylic Lenses Readied for World-Wide Disclosure Under GPL-3 Licence Terms!

Open Source 16K Camera with Multi-Sensor Rotating Assembly And Ultra-Fast Acrylic Lenses Readied for World-Wide Disclosure Under GPL-3 Licence Terms! January 22, 2022 North Canadian Aerospace, a pseudonym for a privately-controlled, under-the-radar Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada-based...
  7. H

16K Resolution Camera Leak – Free and Open Source Worldwide Public Disclosure under GPL-3 licence terms - PART 1 !!!

16K Resolution Camera Leak – Free and Open Source Worldwide Public Disclosure under GPL-3 licence terms - PART 1 !!! Free and Open Source Design and Device Disclosure under GPL-3 Licence terms for all described software and hardware systems and devices as of Monday, August 23, 2021 as...
  8. H

16K Stills/Video Camera Camera Leak

January 25, 2021 This image is a leak for a GLOBAL SHUTTER MEDIUM FORMAT SENSOR combined video/stills camera that records DCI 16k video at up to 120 fps 2:1 RAW and 178.98 megapixels via 3:2 aspect ratio stills at 60 fps burst rate full 16-bit RAW with 3D-XYZ Depth Map and other metadata...
  9. H

50 mm to 800 mm Fast all-Acrylic Super-Zoom Lens for Canon EF/EF-M, RF, Sony E-Mount and Fuji MF being beta-tested now!

HEADLINE: 50 mm to 800 mm Fast all-Acrylic Super-Zoom Lens for Canon EF/EF-M, RF, Sony E-Mount and Fuji MF being beta-tested now! YES! You heard that right! An under-the-radar Canadian Company based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada is now now beta-testing in the wild as of December 2020...
  10. H

Canada and Australia PULL OUT of the Olympics --- Tokyo 2020 Olympics WILL be postponed as predicted!

It's only a matter of WEEKS before the U.S. Olympic Comittee get BANNED from attending and then the OLYMPICS ARE OVER FOR THE YEAR !!! https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2882507-team-canada-wont-send-athletes-to-2020-tokyo-olympics-due-to-covid-19 11:49 pm Sunday March 22, 2020 Pacific Time...
  11. H

Internal Source from Japanese Broadcaster NHK says IOC has a Do-or-Die Date of March 28 for Olympics to Go ahead or Not!

An internal source of mine has friends at NHK (largest Japanese Broadcaster) who has received "An Internal Memo" that on or about March 28, 2020, the IOC will make a final decision as to whether or not to go ahead with the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games. The internal memo "has indicated" that internal...
  12. H

FINAL SPECIFICATIONS for Medium Format Sensor 8K/50.3 Megapixel Combined Stills/Video Global Shutter Mirrorless Camera !!!!

PART 1: Well..... Canon BETTER get Cookin' on a DCI 8K camera cuz HERE IS THE FINAL BURNED-INTO-STONE SPECS for the one coming out sooner than you think: The manufacturer was CONVINCED to include all the following features by a dedicated team of professional photographers/videographers and by...
  13. H

Apple and Possible iPhone Pro with TWO 1/2 inch sensors (one 26.1 megapixel with 6K video) and one 960 by 540 Infrared Nightvision sensor

One my my European rumour mongers is at it again by espousing that Apple may be getting into Large sensor mobiles and professional/industrial use smartphone by putting in a low pixel count infrared nightvision sensor (like the CAT S60 rugged phones) along with a 26.1 megapixel 6K resolution...
  14. H

The impact of Large Sensor Super-Smartphones on Low-end to Mid-range Photography

Within the past two years, I have espoused a new breed of photographic systems that stand poised to nearly take over the entire low-end to medium range photography "business". There actually IS a magical "Island of Stability" for sensor sizes that both fit the width and height dimensions AND the...
  15. H

The FINAL DEATH of DSLR cameras with moving mirrors!

DSLR Cameras are NOW DEAD --- PERIOD !!!!!!! As per other users who have espoused that DSLR will bounce back (i.e. see Ricoh's suggestion that Mirrorless will bounce back!),I say they TRULY are a dying breed. Article Link...
  16. H

Update to 4:4:4/4:2:2 Codec for Canon and other bodies

Last year (2017) I announced a project to create a custom Still Photos and Video CODEC for Canon and other camera bodies that has Full RAW and Compressed 4:4:4, 4:2:2, 4:2:0, 4:1;1 sampling at 16-bit, 14-bit, 12-bit, 10-bit, 8-bit and 6-bits per colour channel or greyscale imagery using an...
  17. H

Possible Confirmation of Takeover Talks Between Apple and Canon !!!

Here is a copy of an interesting block of translated text taken out of a stated-to-be email taken from the Japanese side of what is a purported message BETWEEN Apple's Luca Maestri, Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, CC: Dan Ricccio, Vice President Hardware Engineering ...AND...
  18. H

Photos of Canon Smartphone with Integrated APS-C Sensor, Phone, Internet!

This is from an Internet source of mine in Europe who said he/she originally passed the following text and images onto Northlight Images UK (i've gotten rumor confirmations from that website before but this was sent directly to me!). It purports to be a Canon Smartphone that is combined with a...
  19. H

I'm making a 4:4:4/4:2:2 16/14/12/10-bit codec for Canon DSLR's

I have about HAD IT with Canon's slowness when it comes to their camera software so I have decided to take the bull by the horns and since I have corporate access to EVERY Canon EOS Cinema and DSLR camera in their sales inventory, I have decided to code and test a Magic Lantern-like CODEC...
  20. H

Canon Very Large Sensor Media Format Mirrorless 1Dx2 style Camera Seen in Wild

This is a reformatted copy of an email sent to me from colleagues in the Netherlands and Germany in Early 2017 *** CONFIRMING *** that an in-the-wild test prototype was seen in Munich, Germany during a Football match (that's soccer for you Americans!) that was ALSO CONFIRMED via an...