Search results

1. masterpix

Canon EOS R5 Firmware v2.0.0 Released

Just wonder why is it called 2.0 while the changes are relatively minor for most users. for 2.0 I would expect some major chnages like an improved "sensor shift resolution" or AI into the AF ot something alike.
  2. masterpix

SmallRig LP-E6NH $31.99 (Reg $39.99)

Strange. :-)
  3. masterpix

Cosina officially announces the Voigtlander NOKTON RF 75mm f/1.5

In a studio, with lightening, I don't see that of advantange to weather protection, AF or IS. But as said, some will find it attractive.
  4. masterpix

SmallRig LP-E6NH $31.99 (Reg $39.99)

Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock...
  5. masterpix

I hope that the games you shoot ends in better score than 0:0... But have to admit that sometimes the birds jsut don't want to cooperate with that setting.
  6. masterpix

Well, I have EF lenses on my R5 and the fact someone manufactor manual lenses does not bother me as much. I am not a "fan" that demand a company I don't own (unfortunately) to make lenses that I would probably not buy (related to the previous reason). And by the way, many times I shift to manual...
  7. masterpix

It's a portrait lens with very shallow depth of field, some people will find it very interesting lens.
  8. masterpix

Canon has discontinued the battery grip BG-R10 for the EOS R5, EOS R6 and EOS R6 Mark II

I hae the R5 and the first thing (after the EF-RF adapter) that I got was the battery grip. It double the battery life on one hand and allow you to each even more short with low battery level than a single one. So I wonder why they discontonued it for it also match the R6II which has some long...
  9. masterpix

Canon EOS R5 Mark II sensor resolution likely to stick at 45mp but with new AI features [CR2]

45MP is enough for most things, of course modeling and architecture might need more than that. But for most photographers, 45MP is far more than enough. I wish the ned R5 will have faster FPS, wider dynamic range and most of all, far better AF tracking for fast moving objects. Beside that, the...
  10. masterpix

Canon EOS R1 Specifications [CR2]

I was hoping for 36.6MP or alike, cause 30MP will "kill" the R3 unless the R3 will go to 36+MP. In any case, I am going to keep the R5 and spend more on lenses.
  11. masterpix

AstrHori to launch RF 25mm f/2.8 2x-5x Macro Lens for $249

I wish I would have it but right now the 200-800 is on the "top list" for me. And then 24-70, 70-200, to complete the "trio" and 10-20 for "quadra" that will be the BEST ever bag.
  12. masterpix

High-resolution EOS R Camera, Where are you?

Just for the sake of asking, the current R5 has 45MP, with the new "sensor shift" it can go to to 400MP pictures (while objects don't move). I can understand that fashion needs a bit more than 45MP but the "common" person? I know that when I take a long shot of a bird it means that I have more...
  13. masterpix

A bit more information on the upcoming RF 200-800mm f/6.3-9 IS

"L" lens of "DO", what really matter is its sharpness and the optical performance.
  14. masterpix

Canon is actively conducting market research on a “retro” style camera body

I have the F1n, it was my camera for many years until the AF and EF glass came. however, I would rather spend my (not so big) saving to own R1.
  15. masterpix

Canon RF 200-800mm f/6.3-9 IS coming on November 2, 2023

If that is true, then 10-20, 24-70, 70-200 and 200-800 is the dream team... the only gap I have is about 10,000USD
  16. masterpix

Canon EOS-M has been quietly discontinued

I've said it long ago, once you have a line of mirror-less cameras, there is no point in holding two lines that are similar in many ways but differ in all manufacturing and design. Once Canon developed the RF-S line, there is no need, commercially, to continue with the M line. The R10 and those...
  17. masterpix

There are jints of a version II of a current RF lens coming in 2024 [CR2]

It only give me a short relief to know that I can wait a little longer for a much better lenses. as going above 40MP picture, even little faults of the lenses are visible. So they need to get sharper than ever
  18. masterpix

RF L-Series super zoom??? (28-300, 24-240 or?)

I disagree with you, the EF28-300 or the EF35-350, even with a converters are, at the moment, a very good choice for you. Unfortunately, my bank account does not allow me, at this point, to convert my EF glass to RF glass at the moment, and I use the converter with my older EF glass. The 24-100L...