Search results

1. M

Canon is gearing up for a big 2020 [CR2]

C300 MkIII - whatever happened to the announcement for the C300 Mk III? I thought we were more or less guaranteed to have this announced this year?
  2. M

Canon officially announces the Cinema EOS C500 Mark II

Camera looks good, but I wonder what this means for the Canon C300 MkIII ? When will that be announced and what specs can we expect from that?
  3. M

Here’s the list of Canon camcorders being announced next week

Which sites would you describe as bein more video centric? I've always fiynd this site just as good for photo and video rumours. Which video sites are saying this? Thanks.
  4. M

Here’s the list of Canon camcorders being announced next week

What about the C300 mkIII? I thought the rumours had been that it was due to be announced around NAB as well?
  5. M

An Update on Canon's NAB 2018 Announcements [CR3]

The 1DXII and 5D4 are not Cinema EOS cameras. I think it likely they mean a modification to the C300 Mark II, perhaps adding 4K/50P - which would be long overdue.
  6. M

Canon Explains Canon Log on the EOS 5D Mark IV

Hi, that's a fair enough question. Shooting interviews I tend to have the C300II on a CU with the 70-200 (usually at the long end) and then my 1DXII shooting the wide with a prime on. The 1DXII in 4K is about a 1.3ish crop and so with a prime I get a nice shallow depth of field. The C300II...
  7. M

The main reason I have a problem with the crop on the 5D4 isn't really to do with not being able to get wide angle shots (I have lenses that will get me the wides I need), it's that it's a lot harder to get the same shallow depth of field with a cropped sensor. And particularly when filming...
  8. M

Not bringing CLOG to the 1DX2 when they've shown it is possible and they're willing to do so with the 5D4 is very frustrating though. I own a C300 MkII which I spent a great deal of money on, and I currently use a 1DX2 as a B camera for interviews etc. I actually also own a 5D4 as well (which I...
  9. M

It’s hugely insulting that Canon has brought this to the 5D4 and not the 1DX MkII. Canon clearly realise the importance of CLog to professional users, and so to not offer it on their flagship pro DSLR when they have proven it is possible, is contemptible.
  10. M

Canon USA Announces Canon Log Feature Upgrade for the EOS 5D Mark IV

Canon realise how important C-Log is going to be to people - this was their press release today: "In a move to help meet the demands of professional filmmakers, Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today announced the availability of a feature upgrade for the EOS 5D Mark...
  11. M

Hi - how have you contacted Canon in the past? I've tried various support avenues in the past and never found anyone who seemed particularly knowledgeable or in a position to pass on suggestions like this.
  12. M

Surely this must also be coming to the 1DX MkII? But if so, then why not announce it at the same time? It would be crazy for the 5D MkIV to have C-Log and not the 1DX MkII. I use the 1DX MkII as a B cam for my C300 MkII - do I need to sell it to downgrade to a 5D MkIV just so I can have a B cam...
  13. M

C300mkii Price Drop - $11,999.00

In the UK it's a straight price drop of over £2000 - from £11,994 to £9,594 (inc VAT). No indication this is a temporary offer and no need to claim for cashback etc. Should make the camera a lot more attractive to buyers. Strange time for the price drop when there is no competition - impossible...