Search results

1. M

Post your best portraits(street, studio, candid etc...).

This was a family portrait session in Boston Commons. The smiles are genuine
  2. M

What is your keeper rate?

This! Memory is so cheap as well as hard drive. It really doesn't hurt it keep it all and keep clicking. The only downside I find is having to go through all of them while in post. But even then with a fast computer its a non issue.
  3. M

Autumn

Some really beautiful stuff here. I took a bunch this fall, let me find some and post it here.
  4. M

How do you deliver photos/video to clients?

Congrats on your first gig! That feeling is great, remember it. Dropbox is the easiest and cleanest. It is the method that I use now. I started off with CD, but quickly realize when one of my client told me they have no CD drive on any of their computers to read the disk. Moved to Dropbox...
  5. M

Beautiful sunsets

@Camera nut Really nice photo, using the palm tree as a silhouette
  6. M

Deep Sky Astrophotography

@telemaq76 That photo is amazing. Thanks for sharing
  7. M

Famous icons in your city

Boston Acorn Street, Beacon Hill Boston Must be the most photographed street in Boston
  8. M

Things that bug me.

Yellow Jacket found dead inside my house. body split in half 8 sec f/57 iso 100 105mm
  9. M

Cityscapes

Thank you! Really appreciate the comments. Mat Tam
  10. M

Deep Sky Astrophotography

Belgrade Maine, 10 sec f.18 ISO 1600 This might not show the galaxy far far away. But it adds some depth to the stars. Hope you guys like it.
  11. M

Cityscapes

Boston City. f18 30sec
  12. M

Filter advice?

I have the Breakthrough screw on filter. I do find that it is quite annoying to screw on and off. I do not take a lot of photos with the filter. If I do I might have to consider changing to the LEE filters. But I am happy with the coloring on the breakthrough. There are tons of reviews on...
  13. M

High Quality Printing

As the other reply already suggested. It depends on what you are looking to print. For prints, the ones mentioned are great choice. Are you looking for canvas or other type or prints? For stuff like acrylic, etc there is whitewall. I saw them at WPPI in vegas and it provides something...
  14. M

Experience with Visible Dust Products

The best resolution is having more camera bodies to avoid changing lens outdoor frequently. Now you can never have enough bodies so sensor cleaning is needed. I use the following product from amazon and it has been great for me. You can read the reviews yourself. I always have a desk lamp...
  15. M

I need help choosing a 70-200.

As others has said already, since you're on a budget you are better off going with a used lens than a new one. There is nothing wrong with buying used. Just make sure you are buying from a very reputable vendor on ebay. Or buy it from craigslist, that way you can actually test out the item...
  16. M

Anyone ever buy a used grip?

I have bought used grip on craigslist. I find that the best deals to have is email those that you see are selling the body with the grip. Emailing those guys and offering to buy just the grip usually leave you with the best deal. The seller will make more than just selling as a bundle. Its a...
  17. M

Auto update sequence number for Lightroom

I too use the star function to sort photos within a shoot. It is not idea. Would be interested to see what other people do for this too.
  18. M

Show us your Hooters (Owls)

Late comer to this thread. Some truly amazing photos here all. Thanks all for sharing. Would be really interested to see how long it took you guys to find the owls and take the shoots you took
  19. M

Fujifilm Unveils the New X-T2, the Ultimate Mirrorless Camera with New Autofocus System and 4K Video

Re: Fujifilm Unveils the New X-T2, the Ultimate Mirrorless Camera with New Autofocus System and 4K V Do report back later what you think of this change. That's a big change. Did you do any testing before selling off your cannon gear?