Search results

1. SkynetTX

Canon exec confirms that the EOS-1D X Mark III is Canon’s last DSLR

In my opinion stopping to develop DSLRs completely at any time from now is a bad idea. I don't really need the adventages of the currently available mirrorles cameras so I would not buy one even for the price of a Rebel. If prefer OVF over EVF, bit lower MP and larger pixel size over higher MP...
  2. SkynetTX

Canon executive talks a bit about the future

"Canon still sees a demand for Rebel series cameras." Yes, yes! We still need cheap entry level cameras with cheap lenses but a bit better technology. A Rebel series camera with a dozen of all cross-type f/5.6 sensitive AF points (and the look of the 1200D) and an EF(-S) 300 mm f/2.8 IS USM...
  3. SkynetTX

Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS II USM & Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L USM II Discontinued

Well, I don't know what features of cameras and lenses will have in five years from now or how much will they cost but I'm almost certain that I will not want to change. Why? Because I'm not really interested in the new features I read about here. Just to mention the latest: eye controlled AF. I...
  4. SkynetTX

Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS II USM & Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L USM II Discontinued

Discontinuing all EF lenses is a really bad idea from Canon. There are a lot of lenses that could be improved. I'm pretty sure that an EF-S 60mm f/2.8 IS USM Macro would be welcomed by a lot of people. Ok, discontinue the first two version of any lens that has a third version or the first if...
  5. SkynetTX

Industry News: Samsung takes aim at making 600mp image sensors

Exactly as you said. And do not forget that on the macula no "image data" is recorded. That's why the eye is unable to capture one single moment: the brain has to stitch the previously recorded images together. Therefore we don't need high megapixel sensors with small pixels. And I think it's...
  6. SkynetTX

Canon RF 85mm f/2 IS STM in the pipeline [CR1]

Will we have any new EF-S lenses or entry level crop DSLRs in the foreseable future? Currently I don't have the money to buy new mirrorless cameras and RF lenses but a cheap EF-S 70-200 f/2.8 and a 1200D Mark II with a (Digic 6 or) newer processor would be great. :)
  7. SkynetTX

image.canon to launch on April 14, 2020

If it's only for temporary storage then what is it good for? Canon should have renewed the old gallery, remove the duplicate photos especially if they're asked for for it, and move all photos to the proper category.
  8. SkynetTX

What’s a “realistic” lens that you’d like to see Canon make?

It's been a while since we've last heard about dslr lenses. What I'd like to see is an EF-S 60mm f/2.8 IS(!) USM Macro for APS-C and an EF 200-500 mm f/5.6 for FullFrame DSLRs.
  9. SkynetTX

Here are the buttons illuminating on the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III

Instead of backlit buttons AF-point related spot metering would be a great feature (including entry level cameras). :)
  10. SkynetTX

Consumer RF mount zoom lenses coming in the first half of 2020 [CR2]

What I would like to see is a small and cheap Canon version of the three Tamron lenses (10-24mm, 24-70mm and 70-200mm) specially for aps-c cameras with constant aperture, internal focusing and better image quality and stabilisation system than before.
  11. SkynetTX

What’s next from Canon?

I'm really glad that so many "pro" cameras and lenses will be released in the next few months but would like to know when we will have any new EF-S lenses and/or entrly level cameras with a bit improved performance. Let's say an 1200D Mark II with 18 MP sensor but all 9 cross-type and f/5.6...
  12. SkynetTX

An RF mount L macro lens will be announced alongside the high-megapixel EOS R camera

As for me, a 250mm f/4 or f/5.6 with an MFD of 75 cm or larger would be the best. But an EF-S 60mm f/2.8 IS USM with at least 2 stops stabilization would also be good. I'm not really interested either in built-in ring light or larger than f/2.8 aperture as I'm used to take my shots at f/8 or f/9...
  13. SkynetTX

What about that EF 200-600mm f/4.5-5.6 IS from Canon?

The Tamron SP AF 200-500mm F/5-6.3 Di LD (IF) weighted only 1.2 kg so a Canon (or Tamron) 200-600 f/5 weighting about 2 kg would really be nice. Even a 200-600 f/5.6 or a 200-500 f/5(.6) could do.
  14. SkynetTX

The RF mount “Holy Trinity” should be ready to ship before the end of July 2019 [CR2]

Just to be curious: will we see any new APS-C DSLR and EF-S lens in the foreseeable future or this part of the market is completely forgotten now? :( An EF-S 18-55 f/2.8 IS (ring)USM or an EF 10-24 f/2.8 IS Dii VC USD would be great. Or any other lens with an f/2.8 fixed maximum aperture for...
  15. SkynetTX

How does a dead fly in a Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II affect image quality?

So the IS in the name of the lenses should now mean "Insect sealed."
  16. SkynetTX

Tamron announces the 35-150mm F/2.8-4 Di VC OSD and SP 35mm F/1.4 Di USD for Canon EF

I'm really glad that Tamron has introduced two new lenses for FullFrame DSLRs. But they could introduce some fixed maximum apeture lenses for APS-C cameras as well. Something like a 10-20mm f/2.8 Di II VC USD (instead of 16-35mm), a 20-50mm f/2.8 Di II VC USD (instead of 24-70mm) and a 50-120mm...
  17. SkynetTX

Is the term ISO “totally fake”?

1., As anyone else sometimes Tony is wrong. The term ISO speed is used as a definition for the sensitivity of the sensor (film) therefore it can not be fake, 2., The higher the ISO (and the smaller the sensor) the more the noise therefore it DOES effect your photos, 3., ISO also effects shutter...
  18. SkynetTX

Photo only camera

Surely! I don't need any of the video functions and on a small point and shoot it's too easy to turn video recording on. DSLRs are a bit different but in my opinion it's easier to remove a function completely than to remember if I have turned it off or not. By the way, a removed function can not...
  19. SkynetTX

Tamron to announce a 15-30mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2

Just as I said before: a 16-35 with the possibility to accept screw-in filters would have been better. :(
  20. SkynetTX

Tamron Announces the Smallest, Lightest Ultra-Wide-Angle Zoom Lens in its Class

A 16-35mm f/2.8 Di VC USD would have been better even it's somewhat heavier and a bit more expensive. I surely will wait for it. :)