Search results

1. D

Kickstarter: New Startup Launches World’s First Titanium Tripod & Ballhead

"A Unique Approach to Tripod Design. Magnesium casting has long been the favorite process for mass production of industry leaders such as Manfrotto, Gitzo, Induro, Vanguard and many others. Compared to CNC machining, cast molding is significantly less expensive and the manufacturing time is...
  2. D

SIGMA Announces the 14mm F1.8 DG HSM Art Series Lens

When has any modern-ish lens been unacceptable for coma at f/4? Even my generally terrible Tokina 17-35mm f/4 had acceptable coma. Controlling coma at f/4 is a totally different game than controlling it for f/1.4 to f/1.8. Sigma said the same thing for the 20mm f/1.4 Art, and look where that...
  3. D

SIGMA Announces the 14mm F1.8 DG HSM Art Series Lens

Why is anybody at all hopeful about this lens being coma-free enough for astrophotography? Sigma had the 24mm f/1.4 Art, and especially the 20mm f/1.4 Art, to show that they were willing to (capable of?) achieve this important characteristic for astrophotography. Famously, they didn't. Why...
  4. D

The Canon W-E1 Wifi Adaptor Has Started Shipping

Unless they can "write in" UHS-1 functionality into the 5DMkIII SD card slot... you might be waiting for awhile.
  5. D

*UPDATED* Is This The Canon EOS M5?

If this incorporates the 80D's DPAF, on-chip ADC sensor (possible) and can drive EF long lenses with an adapter... My (fairly extensive) A6000 kit is going to be up on the market. (And I can wish for weather sealing, but I won't hold my breath.)