Search results

1. J

Here are more images of the Canon EOS R3

absolutely love that Canon embrace the 3-dial control layout!
  2. J

Here is the Canon EOS R3

I don't think so. They wouldn't talk as much about the 30 fps then and hint at it being really high resolution in the announcement.
  3. J

Here is the Canon EOS R3

It's not nitpicking, though. I can't find a single source that doesn't say that the 3 replaced the 5. But feel free to enlighten us.
  4. J

Here is the Canon EOS R3

I generally agree and think it is the flip-out screen. However it could also be a result of the body being less thick as there is no need for mirror box bulk anymore.
  5. J

Here is the Canon EOS R3

If there is even going to be a R1. For me that's the real question here. We'll probably be able to tell by the resolution, anything that's not very close to 100 mpix probably means there's going to be a R1 - if we're staying in R5 territory however this might be the the new one flagship...
  6. J

Here is the Canon EOS R3

Honestly I'm not mad about it. The R5 and R6 are noticeably smaller than their respective DSLR counterparts to the point where they feel too small for some people. Now imagine that with one of these new, heavy telephoto lenses attached and I see why you would want a bigger body. Plus battery. An...
  7. J

Here is the Canon EOS R3

Canon always had superior ergonomics (well let's not talk about the R here though) and I'm glad to see they continue this path.
  8. J

Here is the Canon EOS R3

It's going to be interesting to see what the control layout will be like. Fewer buttons on the grip side and the DRIVE/AF in front on the far side of the body.
  9. J

Here is the Canon EOS R3

exactly
  10. J

Here is the Canon EOS R3

you gotta be kidding me
  11. J

Canon releases an official statement about the EOS R5 and EOS R6 heat concerns

Yeah I absolutely get you. Personally I find it very disappointing that they offer any video capability at all actually. All that precious R&D money should go into better DR and battery life. Seems like we'll both have to live with the (I assume rather capable) compromise we're being offered...
  12. J

Canon releases an official statement about the EOS R5 and EOS R6 heat concerns

I've been using video capable DSLRs for a decade now and shot maybe a total of 20 minutes of video on them so naturally that's the most uninteresting news I could think of. However, it's gonna be fun seeing everyone go mad about it and construct an issue where there really is none (if you need...
  13. J

Here are more specifications for the Canon EOS R6

Exactly! My 5DIV is no race horse but the R is even slower and while I don't know if I really need 12 (or even 20!) fps something faster than what's available in these cameras is highly welcome.
  14. J

Here are more specifications for the Canon EOS R6

Not exactly, the R is way too slow for my liking and a proper AF joystick is a much better use of space than that weird touch bar. Also, even with a lower resolution, the R's sensor is four year old tech, the R6's is much newer and should offer better DR and noise performance.
  15. J

Here are more specifications for the Canon EOS R5

so no gps huh :rolleyes:
  16. J

UK pricing leaks for the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6

True, but usually not good enough to get one on vacation and pay the import tariff when returning to the EU. While slipping an iPhone through customs might seem worth the risk for some, a $4k+ camera will be suspicious, especially if carried without the appropriate charger for the home market.
  17. J

UK pricing leaks for the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6

Maybe. Maybe not. RF glass is currently almost a 1:1 conversion. Although the 4.599 also hints at only a inflation adjustment when compared to the 5D IV introduction price back in 2016. Doesn't seem too far off either way. More Interesting pricing on the R6 actually, hints at both R and RP...
  18. J

Here is the Canon EOS R6

The thing that really jumps at me here is: no crippled ergonomics. They have to be serious about this thing and I can't wait to get my hands on it and see for myself. More pixels is always nice obviously, but I have beautiful prints from 7D files on my walls so I guess I'd be able to manage.
  19. J

Canon RF 85mm f/2 IS STM in the pipeline [CR1]

I'm afraid you'll either get cheap or f/2.8 in any Canon zoom lens.
  20. J

The Canon EOS R5 will have an SD & CFExpress slot [CR2]

Thanks for your opinion. Care to share your insider knowledge about pricing with us? Apparently you know a lot about it.