Search results

1. R

Tony Northrup: I Made a Mistake: The Canon EOS 6D Mark II is the BEST Vlogging Camera. Seriously.

I love the 6D2. In January, I was robbed of my 5dIV and thought that going to the 6d2 would be a painful transition; unfortunately, I couldn't afford to replace the 5d--even after my insurance check--I had lost every piece of photo equipment and my coverage was capped at 10K. We had just moved...
  2. R

Deal: Tamron SP 45mm f/1.8 Di VC USD $399 (Reg $599)

I just purchased this lens a couple of weeks ago. It is a great lens, very sharp. Adorama also provided a store credit for the difference in price.
  3. R

Tamron 45mm 1.8 Canon 5d Mark IV

Thanks. Changing the settings worked, so I appreciate your help. I just wanted to get a better understanding as to why this was the case. Very helpful, all of you. Thanks again!
  4. R

Thank you for such a thorough response. Can I ask why this is not a more common problem then? I scoured the internet for similar situations and the best I could find was a Sigma 50 f/1.4 on a 5d mark iii. Why haven't others had the same experience with this combination? Thanks again!
  5. R

Thank you for the help. Could you explain why this is an issue on the 5d mark IV and not the 7d mark ii. I did as you suggested and the issue resolved itself. Is this simply indicative of a programing issue on my camera? Would a firmware update handle the issue? It was a preordered camera...
  6. R

I just purchased the Tamron 45mm f/1.8 and I am a bit confused. When shot between f/1.8 and f2.5 there is a black ring around the photo--and I am not referring to vignetting. It is literally a black circle. Can someone please help me trouble-shoot this? The phenomenon does not occur on my 7d...
  7. R

Canon EOS 5D Mark IV to Start Shipping Tomorrow

I just got off the phone with Canon. I hadn't received an email from them because FedEx had not yet provided a tracking number. However, my order has been "released" and is scheduled to arrive tomorrow! ;D
  8. R

Not long ago, perhaps just one hour ago, it showed as in stock...We shall see....
  9. R

Has anyone who ordered direct through Canon received notification of shipment. I preordered the day it was announced, but have heard nothing. Their website says that the body-only is in stock, so I would assume that my order would be shipped today. On the other hand, I would have expected to...
  10. R

Adobe to Support Dual Pixel RAW in Future Version of Lightroom

This is very exciting. Having placed my preorder for the 5d mark IV, I was looking forward to the DPRaw, but not necessarily using the Canon software. Nice!
  11. R

*UPDATED* When is All of the New Stuff Going to Ship?

Re: When is All of the New Stuff Going to Ship? Has anyone done a pre-order directly through Canon USA? What kind of time frame would this offer versus B&H or Amazon?
  12. R

5DIV price confirmed

Although I am a bit disappointed with the USD price point, I have decided to preorder the Mark IV. I have never had a full-frame camera, but I believe now is a good time. I have three weddings booked this fall, and I feel that this will help a great deal. While I was considering the Mark...