Search results

1. A

What is it with M43 folks?

I was at a photographic society meet once (something I will never bother with again), the speaker mentioned Full Frame and APS-C in some context. Of a few hundred people, a guy in the back shouted "M43" is smaller and better. Ever present DPR seems littered with people dedicated to reminding...
  2. A

R5 always on?

Just got my R5. I have both EF and RF lenses for it. One funny quirk: with the camera off, toggle the Autofocus on/off switch; a sound will be heard from within the camera. That switch is not electronic and the sound has a slight delay. I was always suspicious that my 5D4 was consuming the...
  3. A

No Green Ring for the 600mm and 800mm STM w/ Diffractive Optics?

Too late to revise it now, but it would have been nice to see Canon continue the symbology of this lesser known technology.
  4. A

R5 + Old EF Lens AF Experiences

I have an old NON-IS 300mm F2.8 L. Despite the awful minimum focus distance, I do still love this lens and would very much like to keep it for when my R5 arrives in time for whenever it arrives. Curious if anyone here has had any extensive experiences with first generation EOS lenses such as...
  5. A

Atlanta GA @ 70 MPH

Some friends and I got together to pull this off. Not waiting for the EOS R5, there's pictures to be taking now.
  6. A

EOS R5 and R6 Viewfinder blackout

Has anyone definitively noted the blackout period on these new RF bodies? I intend on using mine for, among many things, birding and race cars. We need to see the subject while shooting to be effective (at all). Insight would be most welcome.
  7. A

Canon EOS R5 Video + External Recorder = Significant Improvement

Gerald Undone @GeraldUndone · Jul 24 Some answers for you about the Canon R5: 1. Quality is the same internal vs external up to 4K60, whether HQ or not. 2. External doesn't overheat up to 4K60 (non-HQ) for at least 3 hours. 3. External does overheat at 4KHQ oversampled 24 & 30p after 75 mins...
  8. A

Precision Gear Tripod Head

I have a basic Manfrotto tripod head with friction adjustments. Its generally fine. But now I'm finding myself wanting more precision adjustments for deep sky shooting in the future. The Manfrotto geared heads appear to be widely used but seem to have a lot of reliability problems. I'll be...
  9. A

What will we do once we have IBIS?

Will we actually, you know, take pictures? Bicker online at DPR? Will we all be floating in the heavens taking 30 second hand held astro shots? Has anyone ever considered how this will impact us all? I'll buy the camera, turn off the bloody IBIS and hope the RF50L experience bests my 5D4.
  10. A

EOS R - Interface; 15 minute first impressions.

Having read an internet and a half worth of opinions on what one would think is the worst camera to ever ship from Japan, I went down to the local best buy and tried out the EOS R on display: following are my impressions. -On/Off Switch Wheel - Yes, it seems like this space could be better...
  11. A

Great Whites to EOS R: AF, AF-Tracking

Any indepth impressions? I have a 300mm F2.8 and 200 F2 IS, which are vital to me. Tony Northrup was not very pleased with telephoto performance of the EOS R coupled to anything larger than 300mm (apparently 600mm was unusable). Reviewers in general are rather down on this camera anyway. Any...
  12. A

Ready to buy the EOS R, when . . .

Canon Releases a native R-mount Pancake, preferably something on the wider end. With such a small lenses, the thickness of an adapter just isn't right, so it must be a NATIVE pancake! :) This will replace my very unwanted X100T. Lots of definite head scratchers here from Canon, but the intent...