Search results

1. M

There are jints of a version II of a current RF lens coming in 2024 [CR2]

I personally like the current RF 24-105 L. It’s the one lens I rely on for travel photography. It might get slightly improved like the old EF 24-105L to the MkII version but even that wasn’t much of an improvement over the original. I just stick with what works.
  2. M

Canon EOS R5 Mark II in the hands of the lucky? [CR1]

I still use my 5DIV as my main camera for a couple of reasons. 1. I still like the optical VF and 2. The 30MP sensor fills my needs. I never print larger than 16x24”. Maybe I would print 20x30 someday. I did rent a R5 in 2021 and while its a great mirrorless camera, it wasn’t enough to...
  3. M

The down time is here, when is the Canon momentum coming?

I’ll still probably pick up an R7 once prices come around the $1000 area. I do like the small size of the body and if they had added a grip it still would have been pretty small. I’d be willing to give up FF of my 5DIV for a small crop sensor for travel.
  4. M

The down time is here, when is the Canon momentum coming?

I think now would be a good time to address the need for RF-S lenses. Although I shoot FF 5DIV, I recently rented an R7. I was pleased with its performance. I do thothat the body is a but small and probably would have benefited from having an intergrated vertical grip due to its smallish size.
  5. M

Back in Stock: Canon EOS R6 Body with EF-EOS R adapter $1599

I wonder if the R6 is or will be continued soon? I love canon DSLR bodies. I have a 5DMKIV. Im hedging on the mirrorless bodies. Except for the R5 which has similar build quality to DSLRs, the rest of the mirrorless seem to have lower quality and the one important thing I miss except on the...
  6. M

Are two cameras going to replace the Canon EOS R5? [CR]

How about a cheaper R5 with like 32MP for those who cant afford the R5II and RS or whatever its called. Make it a photo only camera for many of us who do not want video? Price it around $3099. I know. Keep dreaming…
  7. M

Canon RF-S 11-22mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM coming first half of 2023

I’m in the process of evaluating an R7 to supplement my 5DIV which I love but is getting kind of heavy as a travel camera. I know I will sacrifice some image quality and dynamic range but maybe with an EFRF adapter my non IS glass like 17-40L and 70-200 f4 Non stabilized will make up a little...
  8. M

Canon EOS R8 specifications

I do not see any information on an EVF in the R8. So in addition to no IBIS? Sounds pretty much like a blogging camera. Since I an only a photographer, Ill pass on this one. Maybe Canon can get it right with like a R4….
  9. M

i won’t buy a mirrorless camera Canon or otherwise without IBIS. it should be a standard feature in these types of cameras.
  10. M

I didn’t know that. Thanks, I will look into it. I am a travel and landscape photographer. i don’t need fast FPS. I’ll look at the Nikon Z5 or Z5II when that comes out!
  11. M

Canon is a huge company, right? can snyone tell me how Nikon can put IBIS in a alloy body (canon a composite) and also give in a 3.69 EVF and sell it like $1299? but Canon apparently doesn’t want to do that. they rather just marginalize the entry level stuff. if one wants more upgraded...
  12. M

Maybe Ill just go backed to a Canon cropped sensor like R10. I do not like how Canon cripples the mirrorless bodies. The only one I really like is the R5 but out of my price range. Don’t want a video centric body like R6 or R6 II. i have a 5DIV. 30MP from 7 years ago and Canon cannot move...
  13. M

i don’t like that it has no IBIS. I have a 5DIV. have shot with Canon for over 20 years. I wanted to go mirrorless with an affordable mirrorless with IBIS. Nikon did it with the Z5. Canon could have put IBIS in the R8 but crippled it. Unfortunately, I will now end my mirrorless search with...
  14. M

Canon RF-S 11-22mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM coming first half of 2023

What ever happened to the R replacement and RP replacement? Seems focus has shifted a little to APS-C. I am still a bit baffled by Canon pushing APS-C, unless it’s to challenge Nikon. I say let the other companies like Fuji stick with APS-C. Afterall, a new RP is like $1000 and a R10 is like...
  15. M

The Canon EOS R8 will be announced at CP+ in February

I don’t really see much point to all these RF crop sensor cameras with the same 24 mm sensor. There is an R7 (32MP) and R10. So it seems logical that an R8 would at least add IBIS and better spec than an R10. I guess we’ll see shortly. I was hoping to see an upgrade to the R or RP.
  16. M

Here is the Canon EOS R6 Mark II & Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM

Looks like a smaller R3. Sure looks like it from the front.
  17. M

USD pricing for the Canon EOS R6 Mark II and Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM has leaked ahead of the imminent announcement

These specs look good. As well As the price. The R6II will have a 24 mp BSI sensor. I think that the only thing I wish was it had a 30-32 MP sensor but another rumor out there is the forthcoming R8 will be have a 30 MP sensor. Not BSI but will have IBIS. This is probably the camera that...
  18. M

Canon EOS R6 Mark II – Here are some more specifications

I do like Canon and do not really want to switch. I guess there really isn’t enough of a compelling reason to upgrade. I wont buy any mirrorless without IBIS and no less than 30 MP. For now and into the near future my 5DIV can accommodate all of my photo needs.
  19. M

I still think that it will be a general use camera. I have been a devoted Canon user for a long time but I will probably just start renting other cameras to see which will give me higher quality landscape photos without spending $4000 for an R5. A 30-33 mp Canon would fit the bill but Im not...
  20. M

I agree that the camera will be a general use camera but not a winner for landscapes and currently Canon does not have a higher mp camera between the R6 and R5 for people who want more resolution without spending $4000 for an R5.