Search results

1. B

DPReview: Review of the Canon EOS R5

I don't need the top of the line video specs or 45 mpx sensor. You don't think there is a surcharge of adding and implementing 8K to R5? I'd rather have the camera cheaper with 4k and 30 mpx like EOS R. If Canon developing such a camera, it wouldn't be as expensive as R5. It's a great still...
  2. B

DPReview: Review of the Canon EOS R5

Canon R5 seems like a great photography camera, but not practical for professional videographers who might use hybrid camera for both video and photography for long period of time (wedding, interview, etc). I do mostly photography so I don't care about 8K, but I wish I don't have to pay the...
  3. B

Here are more Canon EOS R6 Specifications [CR2]

I'm surprised R specs is as good as it is. IBIS + 5.6 mpx, I'm in. I will probably pick this up used or refurbished since I retired from wedding photography.
  4. B

Industry News: Sony officially announces the α9 II

Same EVF, same sensor, same LCD resolution that's not fully touch screen LCD, no 4K60 and incremental upgrades for $4500. Sony definitely slowing down and behind the competitors in some area. After A7RIV and A9II, I'll temper my expectation regarding A7SIII as well.
  5. B

Both Canon and Nikon are in deep trouble after financial reports.

If Canon make a lens that you enjoy and can't live without it and also can't be adapted, by all mean use stick with it. Enjoy it. I am just saying there are alternative options for photographers who aren't too particular about certain lens and that's why people are choosing Sigma, Tamron...
  6. B

With the dwindling sale of photography, it might be hard for both Canon and Nikon to regain their dominance in FF mirror less market like they did back in the DSLR days. There isn't a lot of pent up demand for Canon & Nikon FF mirrorless and I doubt those expensive RF lens really attract new...
  7. B

This is a This is enthusiast photography website and I would imagine most people are interested in more than the basic Canon rebel series or your Hello Kitty camera. If that's your thing, so be it. If anyone seriously invest in their new mount, they are going to need to show professional EOS...
  8. B

I've owned Godox since the original AD360 was released and own almost every single one iteration of their strobe. They hold up to me dropping them (AD600, AD400Pro, V860 II, except AD200). They held up great for weddings, destination wedding, destination engagement etc. With the money I've...
  9. B

I don't care about leading sales that include all the rebels series. How are they doing in FF mirrorless market?
  10. B

You can see if it can be adapted on other camera via adapter. Otherwise stay with Canon. 11-24 F4? There are other alternative such as Sigma 12-24 F4, Sigma 14-24, Tamron 15-30 2.8. The best landscape photographers I've admire and images I've seen aren't even shot with those lenses. I'm not...
  11. B

If you have are looking for value based and have no problem using old camera and lens, why don't you also go for the best bang for performance route for light like the Godox/Adorama system? I doubt anyone can tell the differences in Profoto quality or performance, but it's your money. My...
  12. B

Lens matters, but so do camera bodies, lighting/modifiers etc. We used to hold lens in higher regard because Canon was among the best back in the days without a lot of quality and affordable option. Things have change tremendously with so many lens manufacturers making quality lenses like...
  13. B

Patent: Further breakdown of Canon’s upcoming IBIS technology

I shoot primarily stills (wedding) and IBIS breathes new life into lens without IS (Canon 24-70 2.8 II, Sigma Art lens, etc) both for video and stills especially if it can works in tandem with lens IS to provide additional IS. I can handhold a Canon 24-70 II on Panasonic S1 for 2 seconds in...
  14. B

Industry News: Panasonic Announces the New LUMIX S1H Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera

I agree. I waited and waited for Canon to release a proper mirror less with Canon's ergonomic, menu, EVF but they aren't interested in being competitive against Nikon, Sony or Panasonic only to them self. They align EOS R so it won't cannibalize Canon 5D IV and other DSLR in their line up. It's...
  15. B

Patent: Canon camera with in-body stabilization and in-lens stabilization working together.

It's only a patent until it's materialize =)
  16. B

Patent: Canon camera with in-body stabilization and in-lens stabilization working together.

Touch bar for EOS R EyeAF for EOS R before the FW update. Just S-AF Video for FF DSLR/mirrorless - mostly cropped Sensor. EVF Their sensor protection mechanism is very good but it didn't show up in EOS RP. I suspect IBIS may show up in top tier or only works with RF lenses just to force users...
  17. B

A couple of EOS R cameras that can be considered “pro” are in the pipeline [CR1]

Just some UI adjustment for simplication Instead of box with cross hair on the eyes, I prefer how Sony and Canon has it with small box around the eye. Boxes around the face with joystick to quickly change to the next person left or right instead of multiple big boxes around the entire...
  18. B

A couple of EOS R cameras that can be considered “pro” are in the pipeline [CR1]

I didn't know there are other people like me who was a Canon user for a long time and purchase S1. I'm definitely very happy with my S1. I got free battery and grip ($430), free 3 years extended battery, free vlog upgrade. Sold my grip and sold my 5D IV for the same price I got my S1 for. It's...
  19. B

Industry News: Panasonic Announces the New LUMIX S1H Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera

There is no AF-C right now. For certain type of photography that do not require on fast tracking, it's very fast and quick - pose portrait, slow walking, landscape, real estate, etc. It also focus down to -6EV like EOS R I had. I wouldn't use it for sport and wildlife unless you use for native...
  20. B

Regardless if you think we need 6K or not, I'm glad Panasonic is pushing the industry forward. They have the best EVF, IBIS, 4K, first 6K. They need to work on AF to Sony & Canon level. I bought my S1 for $2250 via Greentoe. Got free battery and grip, free 3 year extended warranty, free vlog...