Search results

1. Ah-Keong

Will Tamron and Sigma start producing lenses for Canon RF mount?

Think Tamron and Sigma are maybe considering to try to find out the differences between the Z mount and RF mount and make a base common design and add in the differences (Control Ring of the RF lens ?) and the reverse engineer the AF too.
  2. Ah-Keong

Advice required on downsizing gear

I would sell the 24-105mm and the 70-300mm and replace them with the Tamron 35-150mm f/2,8-f/4. Two lens to meet your requirements. :p
  3. Ah-Keong

RF Mount 7D2 replacement? Could it happen?

Looking at the current EF (EF-S), M, RF mounts. I believe the M mount is aimed at portable mirrorless market to counter Olympus, Panasonic m43 and transit the entry level dslr (xxxD, Rebel, etc) while the RF is aimed at full frame mirrorless market (Sony, Nikon, Panasonic, Sigma, etc) and...
  4. Ah-Keong

Do you think the 90D is superior to the 7DII?

I agree to a certain extent but with the pixel density that comes along with the 32Mpx, I believe the IQ for the low light/ high ISO for the 20Mpx would be slightly higher unless the 90D 32-Mpx sensor is developed with some kind of new tech (super-BSI CMOS, etc) sensor ? I was hoping that the...
  5. Ah-Keong

Do you think the 90D is superior to the 7DII?

Other than IQ at low ISO settings, say below ISO 1000. Don't think 90D is superior to the 7Dii.
  6. Ah-Keong

If you can only afford one L prime- which one do you choose?

I would get a 50mm. Hope Tamron would launch a 50mm similar to the recent 35mm f/1,4 sooooooon.
  7. Ah-Keong

Cable Release Drives me Nuts.

I am using Phottix Aion. So far so good.... :p
  8. Ah-Keong

What’s next from Canon?

Next would be the " 1DX iii " coming for the Olympics 2020 I hope the upcoming " 5DsR ii " or " 5D v " would have the specs of the Nikon D850. by the way, where is the RF mount for 5DsR replacement ?
  9. Ah-Keong

If it still too early to request getting red AF points back now?

I hope the " 7Diii " would have the red AF boxes
  10. Ah-Keong

Industry News: Nikon to make a D6 announcement on September 4, 2019

The 1DXiii better be good !~ Dual CFexpress !~
  11. Ah-Keong

RF Mount 7D2 replacement? Could it happen?

I believe that the next RF mount would be for " 5DsR " replacement which may have Nikon D850 specs .
  12. Ah-Keong

Both Canon and Nikon are in deep trouble after financial reports.

I believe it is more economically viable to spend the R&D costs into lens design with the RF mount iteration and recoup back the expenditure via lens sales before spending money into the body (AF sensor, quad-pixel AF, dual cards, graphics processor unit, computation processor unit, intelligence...
  13. Ah-Keong

Discontinued Sigma Lenses

I hope the 150mm f/2,8 OS comes with refreshed design and a Art badge....
  14. Ah-Keong

Review: Tamron 35mm f/1.4 Di USD

Seems like Tamron has hit it....
  15. Ah-Keong

Letter to Canon

Maybe Canon can create a P(ortable) series like the Tamron 17-35mm and Tamron 35-150mm f/2,8-f/4
  16. Ah-Keong

Canon Q2 2019 financial results released

Or maybe a new mount for Medium Format to challenge Fujifilm
  17. Ah-Keong

Bad News for 7DIII? Nikon Dropping D500 Line?

haha. I am just speculating. Or there maybe a new mount for medium frame to compete with Fujifilm.
  18. Ah-Keong

With the R mount, EF-M mount, and EF/EF-S Mount. I was wondering how would the EF-M evolve? maybe include the m43 mount to spur evolution. Its kinda weird if the R mount may include aps-c sized mirrorless.
  19. Ah-Keong

Canon Q2 2019 financial results released

Hope Canon goes into m43 with Olympus and Panasonic....
  20. Ah-Keong

Looking at the current market distribution, I believe Canon may enter the m43 market with Olympus and Panasonic. The aps-c mirrorless market is flooded with Sony a6xxx and Fujifilm X-Tx. Amateurs want something small and light (m43), Enthusiast want full frame. (R, RP, RS, RX)