Search results

1. Aussie shooter

Show your Bird Portraits

We are pretty lucky in Australia as far as birds go. Some absolute stunners.
  2. Aussie shooter

POLAR LIGHTS

Had a nice show last night. It wasn't a particularly strong solar storm during our hours of darkness but the aurora really fired up.
  3. Aussie shooter

BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

An Australian icon. The Laughing Kookaburra.
  4. Aussie shooter

Show your Bird Portraits

Last post was the beautiful Pink Robin. This week's effort was their cousin the Scarlet Robin. Different colour. Different environment. Equally spectacular bird
  5. Aussie shooter

Show your Bird Portraits

Here is a pic of a beautiful little bird I have been chasing for over a year now. They are very elusive a d tend to live in the deep shadow of the temperate rainforest. The Pink Robin
  6. Aussie shooter

Canon not going global shutter with next round of EOS R camera bodies

You can't be too disappointed if you are still a Canon shooter. Honestly. Vote with your wallet or it is hard to take you too seriously.
  7. Aussie shooter

Sony Electronics Releases the Alpha 9 III; the World’s First Full-Frame Camera with a Global Shutter Systemi

Yes. It was one of the biggest issues I have with my 7d2. I still use it even though I have upgraded to an r6 but it is almost impossible to shoot a dark subject against a bright background
  8. Aussie shooter

Sony Electronics Releases the Alpha 9 III; the World’s First Full-Frame Camera with a Global Shutter Systemi

Panning for birds against a bright background. Which is a VERY common scenario. Not saying it makes it unusable or crap. A global shutter is a pretty big step and kudos to Sony (with the obvious caveat that we don't really know yet how good it will be) but there are scenarios where it is not...
  9. Aussie shooter

Not so much for wildlife though where you have so little control over shooting conditions
  10. Aussie shooter

Dogs

Cheers. Agree about the second image. It is my favorite as well
  11. Aussie shooter

Dogs

Some of my recent dog imagery
  12. Aussie shooter

Why did you switch to RF?

Yep. Same here. The AF improvement for wildlife photography is beyond anything you can comprehend without being a wildlife photographer
  13. Aussie shooter

Three new stacked sensor cameras coming from Canon [CR2]

True but same sensor does not necessarily mean the same camera. Nikon has basically made a z9 without the battery grip. Canon can still use the same sensor and differentiate in other ways.
  14. Aussie shooter

r1 and R5mkw with identical sensors. R7mk2 with identical sensors just cut smaller. Could work
  15. Aussie shooter

No idea if I am on the right track of course. Just tossing around an idea. The 7d2 was considered a 'mini 1d' and the R7, while it does have some good features, could never be considered a 'mini R1'. But if they have decided to change tack and head down that route it may make sense given the R7...
  16. Aussie shooter

Maybe an R7mk2? Perhaps they are thinking about a real 7d2 replacement? I know it's early but the rumor does not suggest a timeline does it?
  17. Aussie shooter

What do people want to see in the Canon EOS R1? PetaPixel gives their thoughts

I forgot to mention (although I would also love to see this implemented as a feature on my r6 via firmware update -not going to happen of course) I would love to see a remote shooting feature as has recently been given to the Z9
  18. Aussie shooter

What do people want to see in the Canon EOS R1? PetaPixel gives their thoughts

I am looking for a feature that makes it spontaneously appear in my hands without having to sell my organs to acquire it. ;)
  19. Aussie shooter

Show your Bird Portraits

Just one of many stunning birds we have
  20. Aussie shooter

Show your Bird Portraits

Haven't posted in here for ages so here you go. A male and female Superb Fairy Wren from Tasmania. Still winter but the males are already colouring up for breeding season. https://www.brettguyphotography.com.au/