Search results

1. R

Industry News: AP Photographers will only shoot with Sony gear going forward

I love it when an anti-trust law circumvention plan comes together.
  2. R

Why has Canon omitted 24p 4K recording in their new cameras such as the EOS M6 Mark II, EOS 90D and EOS RP?

Sorry, but I disagree. I live in India (Pune), and personally have 4 patents filed in India just this year alone (2019) - all software based. The bar may be a bit higher than in other countries, however it is not impossible to file patents in India for such things.
  3. R

Blackmagic Design announces new Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K with EF mount

Sony is outselling Canon where? TV's? DVD Players? As of 2018 Market Analysis, In the (digital) imaging market, Canon is destroying Sony at ~40% (Canon) to ~18% (Sony) - by more than double. Don't take my word for it, read the Nikkei report yourself. Even Sony itself is "bragging" about...
  4. R

Canon EOS RP Specifications & Images

Is it a requirement for you to use the same device to shoot stills and video? For ~$350 you can get a DJI Osmo Pocket and shoot far better video footage than you can with ANY hand-held DSLR or Mirrorless ILC system, just from the standpoint of having gimbal stabilized footage (unless you carry...
  5. R

Canon to announce at least 6 new RF lenses next week

Canon RF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS USM This lens is enough for me to switch, given that I need a new copy because my current one is damaged goods, and I am a strong believer in the RF system. I was hoping to wait until the prosumer R model was available (e.g. 5d4 version) before switching... Really...
  6. R

Scotland trip

Don't forget that there are some interesting things to see & do in Glasgow as well. The Glasgow Necropolis, the Glenlee (aka the "Tall Ship"), and Glasgow Green are three nice spots to see in Glasgow. As for Edinburgh, on your way back to Glasgow, stop in for a quick visit to the Kelpies. You...