Search results

1. P

It looks like 2021 will be the last year for the EOS M lineup [CR2]

Sorry, but you are not comparing apples to apples. You compare dark plastic M-lenses (i added f numbers of the first couple of lenses in red italic to your text) to premium (16-55) or mid-range (55-200) Fuji ones. While Fuji also has a plastic cheap line - the XC lenses: XC 15-45mm F3,5-5,6 OIS...
  2. P

It looks like 2021 will be the last year for the EOS M lineup [CR2]

Very sad news. I was introduced to the Canon land with an analog Rebel (500N) , then went on with two digital Rebels (350D and 450D). Then, after big and long hesitation, I upgraded to the smallest model that supports AF micro adjustments (80D). I like the IQ and features of my 80D especially...
  3. P

Patent: Various RF mount zoom lenses, including an APS-C RF mount design

With the 15-70 they must be joking or just patenting nonsense that they never plan to produce just to confuse competitors and general public. Or... they clearly show to all of us that for APS-C they will nevermore make a real lens, only crippled ones. For EF-S they produced the very good 15-85...
  4. P

Canon EOS M50 Mark II Specifications [CR2]

I have the same feelings. Even if, realistically (based on previous rumors), I did not expect this one have IBIS. About three years ago when I started to feel that my very old 450D needs a refresh I wanted an APS-C camera with IBIS. But at that time the only one was Sony A6600, which I did not...
  5. P

Canon EOS M50 Mark II Specifications [CR2]

The Fujifilm X-S10 is rumored to come on October 15 and should cost "around $999" and should have IBIS.
  6. P

Two new EOS M camera bodies coming in the second half of 2020 [CR2]

Some people prefer small bodies and small, but capable enough, lenses (and some others prefer big bodies and can withstand big lenses because of their advantages). And for them the RP is definitely not "super small". Just look at this Camerasize comparison: https://j.mp/2XjPh6y The RP kit on...
  7. P

Five new EF-M lenses for the EOS M lineup coming? [CR1]

Yes, exactly what I was going to write. In about a year from now I will be considering EOS-M vs. FujiFilm which APS-C camera with IBIS (hopefully the M5II will have IBIS) fits better to my needs ie. which one to buy. And the key point for me will be a "better normal zoom". Currently I use the...
  8. P

The EOS M lineup will be addressed later in 2020 [CR1]

I am not the person you asked, but my answer is: I miss a walkaround mid-quality zoom (not superzoom), something that would come close to my existing 15-85 f/3.5-5.6 IS USM (maybe 15-80 4-5.6 non-IS if m5II will have IBIS, but still USM) which would be native and smaller/lighter than the...
  9. P

The EOS M lineup will be addressed later in 2020 [CR1]

IBIS ticks one very important box for me. I was waiting for a "small" APS-C body with IBIS from Canon or Fuji. Fuji just announced X-T4, which is for me one step to the right direction, but still quite big and quite expensive. So while I will wait whether its price settles down (with the...
  10. P

Patent: Here is Canon’s IBIS unit

Yes, I will appreciate...if it will come to EOS M sooner than to Fuji X-Txx (or at least to Fuji X-Tx)
  11. P

Patent: Multiple small RF prime lens optical formulas

I cannot speak for all, but my reaction to these lenses was: (1) the 35mm f2 IS is on my list (which is postponed till the time I finally decide whether to stay with Canon or go somewhere where they have IBIS on APS-C) (2) I was eagerly waiting for the 24mm IS (when it was only in the stage of...
  12. P

Patent: Multiple small RF prime lens optical formulas

One possible answer to your question is that this way they want to make the job of third party lens manufacturers harder. They do not want them to produce small and inexpensive lenses that would eat into the Canon's cake.
  13. P

Poll: Are you going to be preordering the Canon EOS 90D or Canon EOS M6 Mark II?

Maybe that works in your country and your repair center... Of course, I tried it back in about 2008 when I bought my 85 1.8 and 100 2.0. I supplied picture showing the problem. And they sent it back to me saying that it is "within the standards". So no luck with the proposed solution. From that...
  14. P

Poll: Are you going to be preordering the Canon EOS 90D or Canon EOS M6 Mark II?

I hoped, based on the rumors preceding the release of 77D, that it would not be "lower market" (also because it was an XXD, not XXXD). I.e. that Canon finally understood that there are people waiting for a camera as capable as 80D, but in a smaller and lighter body that still takes EF/EF-S...
  15. P

I do not consider these cameras. And it is not only because I am not an early adopter. About 16 months ago I upgraded from a "very old" Rebel - 450D to 80D. I did it after long period of waiting. I did not want the huge body of 80D (yes, for me it is huge and heavy even if many CR members will...
  16. P

All is quiet regarding the EOS 90D and EOS M6 Mark II

For which feature (asking seriously)? Different people, different expectations and needs... If the video is genuine, I have no reason to sell my 80D. Video is not important to me (FHD 60FPS is more than enough), 10FPS and improved focusing seem to me not an improvement big enough for the...
  17. P

Ended: Your favourite new lens from Canon in 2018

I second that, it is exactly my thought about this poll, too. Maybe for a different reason. My favorite lens of the year would be any of these (if they existed): EF-S 15mm f/2 EF-S 22mm f/2 IS EF-S (or EF, but not L) 50mm f/1.4 or f/1.8 IS USM EF-S 85mm f/2 IS USM (with less focus shift...
  18. P

Kickstarter: Universal Lens Cap 2.0 – The Only Lens Cap for Every Camera.

Yes, exactly. That was my first thought when I saw the video.
  19. P

Upcoming Canon EF-S 35mm f/2.8 M IS STM Will Have Macro Illumination

I never say it's a conspiracy. It's called marketing. An ugly (in my opinion) but common kind of marketing which ignores the needs of a group of (potential) customers (even if there are enough of them to make the product profitable) because of the fear that some other group of existing customers...
  20. P

Upcoming Canon EF-S 35mm f/2.8 M IS STM Will Have Macro Illumination

Why do you stop at an arbitrary sensor size? Why do you worship FF and not Medium Format or Large Format? Do you remember that some 30 years ago "Full frame" was named "small format"? If FF is that much superior to APS-C then how much more superior must be a Large Format sensor over APS-C (and...