Search results

1. snappy604

Some bugs - R5 with 180mm L Macro

its quite an old lens now, but damn if it doesn't produce good images if you learn how to use it.
  2. snappy604

Travel Camera Bags - advice please

Looking for advice on a travel camera bag. Specifically one that can be carried on an airplane/put under a seat. My Lowepro 120 sling bag worked fairly well in this regard, but is falling apart now. I like the idea of a sling bag but found it awkward when loaded with heavier gear and also found...
  3. snappy604

On1 2022.5 - R5 profile support

In case folks are still interested in offboarding the Adobe train So been playing with the latest On1 RAW 2022.5 and they finally got the colour profiles for the R5.. its not perfect, but it is better than they had previously, especially in neutral.. it means I can dispense with a kludgy...
  4. snappy604

Topaz DeNoise - now R5 RAW supported

for those that have it, update today that seems to support R5 RAW now
  5. snappy604

Affinity Photo 1.9 now supports Canon R5 CR3 RAW images

for those that care or want an alternative to photoshop that is very cost effective and perpetual license (not leased!) Affinity Photo 1.9 just came out recently and now supports CR3 RAW files from Canon R5. I also noticed you can get updates from microsoft so windows 10 can show the image...
  6. snappy604

CFExpress B Prograde Cobalt 325 GB on sale in Canadian Amazon...

good price for the CFExpres B Prograde Cobalt 325 GB via Canadian Amazon right now.. first time I've seen it below $500 CAD.
  7. snappy604

Exposure X6 software - Dustin Abbott review ... anyone try it

I'm using On1 for now but still not satisfied with noise controls. Tried LR Classic again briefly and aside from them assuming you'd auto-subscribe it didn't seem much better then LR6... only problem being support for R5. Tried DX0 and it seemed a bit slow and noise not much better than On1...
  8. snappy604

Tips for Video on R5 for a novice?

got my small rig cage today and while I'm mainly a stills person, I'd like to learn a bit of videography for friend's bands (once covid lifts). searched a bit, didn't see much other than someone asking about LUTs for video. I briefly tried some 4k 30 and it stuttered a lot on my PC. I'm...
  9. snappy604

EF RF Adapters - can't find - need recommendations

been patiently waiting for EF-RF adapters, keep checking about 8 camera sites and it never seems to be in stock (ironically they were giving them away about a year ago). saw it appear on Canon Canada but their site for some reason keeps borking on me and I can't seem to place an order...
  10. snappy604

R5 recommended gear questions

So ... put the down payment for an R5 order.. purchased an RF 24-70 2.8 IS... while I wait, have questions on recommended gear from those who have one. - EF adaptor.. native canon or one of the 'breakthrought' ones? thoughts? anyone have some? - Is there a preferred CFExpress card? and paired...
  11. snappy604

fly my pretty...

taken earlier in the year.. was more fiddling with the On1 2019 Beta and I think I'm getting the hang of the tool (some quirks that annoying, but more or less now ready to take on LR). Also... bloody hell if my 80D with an old 180L macro doesn't take nice shots :) still want better gear, but...
  12. snappy604

600mm as a macro ;-)

used the sigma 150-600mm C as a macro since I didn't bring my macro... worked out surprisingly well!
  13. snappy604

Canon 5d mkIV vs Sony A7R III vs Nikon D850

I'll just leave this here... https://www.dpreview.com/videos/0018045426/full-frame-showdown-nikon-d850-vs-canon-5d-iv-vs-sony-a7r-iii
  14. snappy604

Portable lighting - Flash vs LED - Newbie question

Wanting some thoughts/advice for a begginer with lighting. Currently invested with a Canon 580 (ver1) and a Canon 320 flash. I've had some success with using flash off-cam using canon 7d and 80d onboard flash to control for macros and some portrait shooting, but would like to get better...