Search results

1. F

Coronavirus and Canon production

Well old people are people too. But I hope you are right, that everyone is just overreacting. But to me the mortality rates reported so far are super scary.
  2. F

I am not a doctor or a biologist, so I am not sure exactly how it works, but I believe there’s a lot that goes in to how viruses spread. It might not be the warm weather that directly effect the survivability of the virus, but rather how easily it travels from one host to next. Just the fact...
  3. F

Hopefully we will have a vaccine by then.
  4. F

If you are looking at a virus that is already played out, then the absolute numbers can easily look very dramatic. The typical flue looks pretty dramatic, when viewed in absolute numbers. What you are missing is that the estimated mortality rate of H1N1was 0,01%-0,08%, where as the current...
  5. F

I don’t know man. I think it is very hard to judge. The Spanish flue had a mortality rate of 2,5 % of infected cases and it ended up killing 50 million people. 2,5% is very close to mortality rate of corona. This could be as serious as the Spanish flue. Let’s hope summer and modern medicine...
  6. F

Is the new Canon full frame mirrorless called the EOS R?

Sorry if I was not clear. I did not mean to say that bracketing is only for HDR landscape photography. I was trying to say that it is a function, which is especially useful when doing landscape photography and that it is a camera function which most photographers properly only use on a fraction...
  7. F

I could not agree more :) Companies do make mistakes though. So I think there is room for discussion. After all, the camera market is not static. Big companies that was nonce household names, have been relagated to small time players, gone bankrupt or have been taken over by the competition. One...
  8. F

Well it seems to me that, it is a cost bennifit analysis then. What are the costs to implementing video, in the relation to the benefits? Are there any synegies? You do a great job at outlining the potential downsides of implementing video, but what about all the upsides. I bet that there are...
  9. F

Very few features are unique to any genre of photography, but som are way more useful in some genres then others. I don’t know how often bracketing is used, but it is a feature that is especially useful if you want to do HDR landscape shots. I don’t think it is unreasonable for the minority of...
  10. F

I don’t think black magic is a bad choice. They are really easy to use, unlike Sony and they can do raw if you need that. Personally I make a lot of solo run and gun type stuff so I think I will go for something with both autofocus and IBIS.
  11. F

No but if only a fraction of that market uses that feature it is still a huge market. Just like landscape photography is only a fraction of the total stills market. That does not keep canon from adding features that are useful to landscape photographers, in to their cameras, like bracketing and...
  12. F

Well I have been on professional productions that used a 5d mark II back when it was the hot video DSLR. 2 weeks ago I was on 2 music videos, produced by universal music, and we shot those on Panasonic GH 5 cameras. I don’t think everything is as black and white as you make it out to be.
  13. F

Well in early september I will be shooting a couple of short fashion films for a lokal cloathing brand. As I need slo-mo and my dayli camera for stilles is a Canon 6D, I will now have to rent a camera. It might not Sound like a big deal, but everything is on a very tight budget, so renting...
  14. F

I actually dont think bird focus sounds to to fare fetched as a future feature
  15. F

I think it makes sens, as much as eye AF is af feature uniq to mirrorless. So one of the points in getting a mirrorless is to get this kind of functionality. If it is not included I think you are right to be a bit bummed out. Just my opinion.
  16. F

I think it is mostly the very popular stuff that gets re-uploaded. I am guessing that the re-oploads only comprise a relatively small fraction of the actual 400 hours a minut, worth of uploads. But lets say re-uploads were 50% of all uploads. 200 hours a minut, is still staggering and that is on...
  17. F

I dont know man, but the amount of video footage that is being uploadede every day to youtube alone, is staggering. Moste of it might be shot on phones, but I will bet you that a huge amount is shot on still-cameras. Video is a growing market. It bewilders me that canon isn't pushing there video...
  18. F

We were wrong, all of your Canon mirrorless dreams are likely coming true soon

Well I wasn’t really arguing for a change in the ergonomics of canons cameras. I was arguing for a change in design esthetics. I really do think this can be done without sacrificing ergonomics and usability. It is not like I am getting my hopes up though. I sadly think it will be the same...