Search results

1. C

The Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L USM is coming in Q4 of 2022 [CR3]

The EF 135/2 could be used for indoor sports too if you really need to minimize ISO. personally I use mine for pets and cars. honestly I just love using it, period. A 70-200/2.8 is more practical and gets you like 85-90% of the way to the 135/2 at 135mm but that last 10%... Also, I prefer...
  2. C

A BSI APS-C EOS R camera is coming in the second half of 2022 [CR2]

I wonder what this means for EF-M. It seems pretty clear to me that the M system was never a priority for Canon. I (and I'm sure most others) would prefer Canon dive fully into RF for both full-frame and mirrorless, but I could see them keeping EF-M around as a lower-end ILC system with smaller...
  3. C

Weather Sealing Torture Test: Canon, Olympus, Nikon Pass.. Sony?

I don’t have experience with any of the really high end Canon bodies , but my 6D has held up magnificently to wet (and cold) weather magnificently (with weather-sealed lenses of course). Multiple times I’ve almost expected it to fail but it pulled through. Not sure I would trust a Sony though...
  4. C

Sigma Set to Announce 16mm F1.4 DC DN Contemporary Lens

I got so excited because I missed the APS-C part :( One day I will get my 16mm /1.4 for 35mm...
  5. C

Canon High End Mirrorless Camera Talk [CR2]

add good eye-controlled AF to that list... with DPAF, focus points wouldn't really be a limitation...
  6. C

Canon High End Mirrorless Camera Talk [CR2]

Unlikely to happen, but wouldn't a modular mirrorless system be cool? Almost like a RED system but for photos. You could interchange the grip, the EVF, the screen, maybe even the sensor and card slots... a completely interchangeable system! Pay only for the megapixels you want, or the video...
  7. C

Some Minor Canon Lens Announcement Clarification

I'd love for the 20mm to perhaps be a f/2 or f/1.8 lens (a la Nikon 20mm f/1.8 ) but I wouldn't hold my breath, looking at the 24/28mm f/2.8...
  8. C

Two New Big White Lenses Coming Next Year [CR2]

oh, the things Canon could do with diffractive optics...
  9. C

Canon Officially Announces the EOS 6D Mark II

I'm liking the 6D2 so far... I'm going to see how the reviews are but the AF looks like a huge step up and that screen with DPAF looks really nice. I don't use video on my 6D1 so no 4k isn't really an issue...hmm...
  10. C

Canon Continues to Develop Supertelephoto Zoom

something like Nikon's 200-500 f/5.6 would be great, especially if it maybe went beyond 500mm. Just make it out of metal, stuff in great IS, paint it white and there you go.
  11. C

Canon EOS 6D Mark II Announcement Coming in July [CR2]

I've loved my 6D as long as I've had it, it hasn't really disappointed me at all. There are some limitations (cough sync speed cough) I'd like to see addressed in the 6D2 but I love the weight of the 6D. I'm willing to sacrifice crazy features if it means the body will stay just as petite... All...
  12. C

Three Canon Lens Masters Pick Their Favourite Lenses

I've always lusted after the 11-24. Like literally IN MY DREAMS. 50mm 1.0 is another favorite just because of its craziness. Reasonably speaking I've always loved my 24-105... always seems to be just long enough and just wide enough. Sharp and versatile, and small too!