Search results

1. Andreasb

Canon releases firmware v1.3.0 for the EOS R7

Maybe Canon could spend a little time enhancing the AF amongst other things?
  2. Andreasb

An RF-S ultra-wide lens is next from Canon [CR2]

Agreee! I would love to see the 15-85 F2.8-F4 design that was reported patented a little while ago, and a 50-150 F2.8 for good measure!
  3. Andreasb

Here are the Canon EOS R7 and Canon EOS R10

I'm Swedish and I admit I get my English wrong from time to time, so I looked it up: Merriam-Webster Their summary: Generally, the expressions are used to say that the real worth, success, or effectiveness of something can only be determined by putting it to the test by trying or using it...
  4. Andreasb

Here are the Canon EOS R7 and Canon EOS R10

IF these mockups are correct, then its not a 7DMKII replacement, It would have looked more like an R6. This looks more low end and smaller, looks cheaper in price. How's the AF system will be my first question, buffer second, customizability third , electronic shutter speed 4th. Low end...
  5. Andreasb

2019 global camera market share numbers are out, Canon leads the way

The numbers from Nikkei don't add up, see Thom Hogans post
  6. Andreasb

Canon EOS R5 firmware update coming soon, RAW light to be added? [CR2]

To me as a retired marketer, it seems obvious what Canon will do to deal with this is: Announce a very tasty Cineline RF mount camera with much less recovery problems etc. At the same time or a day after announce a "coming" firmware update for the R5 & 6 to make it a little better, but not much...
  7. Andreasb

Here are the RF 600mm f/11 & RF 800mm f/11 super-telephoto lenses

If you actually read and had understood what I wrote, you might have realized I was trying to do you and many others a favor, these lenses will on an average day most likely produce average image quality because of too low shutter speeds or very grainy images because you have to increase you ISO...
  8. Andreasb

Here are the RF 600mm f/11 & RF 800mm f/11 super-telephoto lenses

As a bird photographer, with a 400 F4 DO II , 500 F5.6 PF and 600mm F4 lenses. I have absolutely NO interest in F11 lenses because of two things: 1. Shutter speed will be to low at F11, if you crank up ISO to 6400 you might get it up to be OK. As a reference I try to stay under ISO 400 and will...
  9. Andreasb

Canon is gearing up for a big 2020 [CR2]

I'm surprised that there isn't more of an urgency at Canon, that is half a year from now and the competition isn't waiting, and I might not either
  10. Andreasb

Our favourite hands-on preview of the Canon EOS 90D and EOS M6 Mark II

In all of this flurry I'm wondering about the M5 MKII, what happened? Now what If Canon announced a 7DMKIII with a M5 MKII sister product just like they just did with the 90D and M6MKII ? Wishful thinking, I know....
  11. Andreasb

We think it’s almost a sure thing Canon will announce a pro EOS R body in 2020

Wouldn't surprise me at all if they did announce it this fall. But when would delivery be?This could just be Canon doing classic delay tactic FUD marketing, And with the A9 MKII coming why wouldn't Canon (and Nikon) do this, I would have as a marketing tool for sure.
  12. Andreasb

Is the EOS 7D Mark II the last in the 7D series? We’re told that it is [CR1]

I dropped the first one and did not have a backup. so I got two so I would have a backup and so I can have one on the 600 and one on the 400 DO II or the 100-400 II all ready to go. I have been doing this for a long time now, and it is of course up to me how I spend my money, as for your...
  13. Andreasb

Maybe I can explain this to you: After I have paid over $20 k for a 600mm IS II, 400mm DO II and a 100-400, I cant afford to buy 2 x 1DX MKII. I need to have two bodies, because one of them is a backup if one failed. So there went another $4k on bodies plus of course grips and batteries so say...
  14. Andreasb

I agree completely with you, and a s a message to Canon, it is now 5 years ago pretty much since the 7DMKII came out and If there is no serious replacement camera with better AF and Sensor, I'm selling my Canon Gear (2 x 7DMKII, 600mm IS II, 400 DO II, etc etc,) and going back to Nikon.. As a...
  15. Andreasb

APS-C DSLR lineup to get a shake up? [CR1]

I agree with you that a 7DMKII, needs to be a Great Nikon D500 competitor, and the message to Canon after over 4 years of the MKII if the new MKIII isn't what a birder like me wants, I will go to either Nikon or Sony (when they have real telephoto lenses) Eye tracking on the Sony A9 is hugely...
  16. Andreasb

Patent: New Consumer Level Zoom Lenses

The current 15-45mm EF-M a weak point? Not my copy. It is VERY sharp, af speed could of course be faster.
  17. Andreasb

We're Not Convinced an EOS 7D Mark III is Coming in 2018

Something tells me that the leaks about a coming 7DMKIII thi spring could also be an intentional marketing tactic by Canon to try to block to many people from jumping ship at Christmas. Nikon had real heavy promotions for the D500 with a grip and extra battery for a very good price at Christmas...
  18. Andreasb

We're Not Convinced an EOS 7D Mark III is Coming in 2018

We DO need a better sensor, more DR, always need better AF, and a little better buffer would be nice, the Nikon D500 has all that and I think it would be in Canons interest to protect their revenue base and deliver it this year...
  19. Andreasb

Images & Specifications For the Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark III

Well I seem to be in the minority. I like: The "looks" of this camera (not from the beauty perspective, from a usability and feature set). It has a real grip to hold on to (how many dropped RX100 are there?), a viewfinder (a must for me) real controls, it is a mini dslr, that I would learn...
  20. Andreasb

New DSLR Series Coming in 2018? [CR1]

Another option would be an AP-C body with a built in grip, all of us serious birders would be so very happy with that as a replacement for the 7DMKII. 24mp AP-C, better DR, 12-14 fps, 1dX II like AF or better, better buffer and CFast cards. Would be just what I would like. Although unlikely...